Official: “Muppets Now”, an unscripted series coming to Disney+ on July 31, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
That's never going to happen, I believe Kirk Thatcher was talking there's been many Muppet projects proposed but, then when the executive changes and if the project then it's never going to happen.
Dang that stinks. I could honestly picture Lives another day becoming a movie. I do not know why Disney does not do more with the Muppets.

MWoO

Reaction score
I get why they wouldn't go with the project if they wanted to move away from the 80's nostalgia thing, but it could have been so meta!

The show can take place in the 80's, but be filmed now, so all throughout the show we see inconsistencies that the props department needs to fix. Like Kermit making a call on a modern cell phone, but Scooter comes in and has to swap it in for a a giant 80's model. They could even make 80's Robot the technical consultant! Maybe Piggy has a scene where she refuses to get her hair permed again because she hated it and so she has to wear a wig that doesn't quite fit right and we see her "real" hair stick out from the bottom. Gonzo wants to do a stunt he did in the 80's, but the Legal Weasel comes in and tells him that their liability insurance won't cover the stuff he did in the 80's.

The whole show could have been a spin on 80's nostalgia and played with the show within a show concept, but that probably wasn't going to be the case anyway.

That being said, I hope the new show is good and does well and we see more quality Muppet stuff.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I don't think these are going to re-invent the wheel or anything, but my one hope is that they are funny.

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
I thought they delayed it to 2022! This is a miracle! I mean, yes, it sucks that we won't see Josh Gad's Muppets series project anytime soon or ever, but, Muppets Now is probably better than nothing for now. So, who knows? Maybe one day, Disney will give the Muppets another movie or tv show on DisneyPlus.:smile:

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
I don’t have high hopes for anything bigger after this. Disney clearly don’t trust the muppets to carry a 25 minute long show any more because if they did, they would’ve given them one

This is improvised right? Because I totally believe the muppets are at their best when the performers get to explore

one of my favourite things since the death of Jim Henson was the Comic Con panel in 2015 where the performers just got to let loose

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
I don’t have high hopes for anything bigger after this. Disney clearly don’t trust the muppets to carry a 25 minute long show any more because if they did, they would’ve given them one

This is improvised right? Because I totally believe the muppets are at their best when the performers get to explore

one of my favourite things since the death of Jim Henson was the Comic Con panel in 2015 where the performers just got to let loose
Well, I'm going to keep hoping whether you like it or not. No offense.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
Well, I'm going to keep hoping whether you like it or not. No offense.
There’s nothing for me to get offend by there. If you want to have the hope that something happens with this then good for you. You’ve got a much more positive and hopeful outlook about the future of the muppets

fair play to you

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I heard it's partially improvised, because doing a straight-improv thing with Muppets is not that easy, production-wise.

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
There’s nothing for me to get offend by there. If you want to have the hope that something happens with this then good for you. You’ve got a much more positive and hopeful outlook about the future of the muppets

fair play to you
I didn't know I was being rough. I apologize. I didn't mean to. I just hate it when people have doubts. And thank you for your understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.