COVID-19 Coronavirus News and Updates

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I mean, it said “restrictions with essential activities only” so I’m not sure what to make of that. 🤷🏿‍♂️
Yeah, but you know people aren't going to adhere to that. It's like how you can post up signs that say, "No Trespassing," "No Littering," "No Fishing," etc. But, people do it anyway.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
No, I get that. I mean, I don’t know what their plan is but I would imagine they’d probably have someone on watch to make sure no one is abusing the privilege.

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
If anyone is wondering what the 3 phases for reopening certain restrictions here is the link. This will all differ depending on your state and what your Governor decides.

MWoO

Reaction score
Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid!!

I guess nobody learned any lessons from those spoiled, entitled college kids who insisted on going out on spring break and ended up getting infected as a result.
Sigh... someone didn't read through the article or watch the video again....

They are open with strict guidelines that include the current social distancing guidelines. Additionally, beachs are only open for limited hours from 6a to 11a and then 5p to 8p. Parks are opening as they were before, but they are keeping closed any gathering areas like picnic areas and pavilions. This is basically what NYC has in effect, and we are hit way worse than Florida. It may even be a bit more strict than New York.

I swear the next article you post will have the headline "The sky is falling, says one local chicken!"

Any Del

Reaction score

MWoO

Reaction score
First off, the link doesn't work. Second, the federal government already gives an additional $600 a week to those on unemployment which amounts to 2,400 a month. So now they will give us another $2,000? They are just throwing money out there and I don't know why. Also, why would the $2,000 a month go to everyone, including those still employed? What is the reason for this?

I get it if they want to make programs that increase assistance with unemployment, or those that can show financial loses in their small business. That makes sense. But why $2000 a month for everyone and anyone on top of the $2,400 going to those who filed for unemployment? My understanding was that the $1200 was a means of filling the gap between when people became unemployed and when unemployment delayed checks kicked in.

Don't get me wrong, if they pass the changes to the bill I will take my $4,400 a month as I am now furloughed and will be back on unemployment until NYC reopens for non-essential businesses. It also means i will make a good deal more than when I was getting full pay fro m my job, but it seems more like a back door way for democrats to institute a universal basic income than a stimulus.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
That’s something I would question too. If you’re making more now than when you were employed, when all this is over, what would be your incentive to go back to work?

And how long can the government sustain giving everyone that much?
I can understand if you own a business, with all the overhead you might have. But if you’re an entry-level worker flipping burgers, how can you be justified getting $4,600 a month?