Ask CJD874 Anything!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
In another thread, you mentioned that you're Asian. Of what Asian ethnicity are you? I remember we've had at least one member of Korean descent here years ago.

jobi71

Reaction score
I asked this question of the whole board a few years back, so you may have answered then. If so you can double down on your answer or if your thoughts have changed - revise them.

When a guest star was booked for The Muppet Show some or all of these folks Henson, Juhl, Lazar, Burns and Oz would consult with the performer to find out what they were interested in doing.

1. Did they have any unusual skills? (Beverly Sills balancing a spoon on her nose).

2. Was there something they always wanted to do but because they were known as one "type" they could not. (Nureyev tap dancing and singing for that matter).

3. Were there any caracters they wanted to work with?

4. Often the performer would be asked to do at least a bit of what they were known for (Sills sang some opera and Nureyev danced ballet). What would they want to make sure you did?

What would your answers be? For the purpose of these questions for question 3 you are limited to 3 characters. Also for these questions characters who normally appear together or a group would count as 1 character. (Bunsen & Beaker; The Electric Mayhem etc. But pairs like Kermit and Piggy would count as 2).

If someone already asked something similar I apologize I skim read the posts but easily could have missed it.

cjd874

Reaction score
In another thread, you mentioned that you're Asian. Of what Asian ethnicity are you? I remember we've had at least one member of Korean descent here years ago.
I am Chinese, with some English ancestry on my paternal grandmother's side.

cjd874

Reaction score
I asked this question of the whole board a few years back, so you may have answered then. If so you can double down on your answer or if your thoughts have changed - revise them.

When a guest star was booked for The Muppet Show some or all of these folks Henson, Juhl, Lazar, Burns and Oz would consult with the performer to find out what they were interested in doing.

1. Did they have any unusual skills? (Beverly Sills balancing a spoon on her nose).

2. Was there something they always wanted to do but because they were known as one "type" they could not. (Nureyev tap dancing and singing for that matter).

3. Were there any caracters they wanted to work with?

4. Often the performer would be asked to do at least a bit of what they were known for (Sills sang some opera and Nureyev danced ballet). What would they want to make sure you did?

What would your answers be? For the purpose of these questions for question 3 you are limited to 3 characters. Also for these questions characters who normally appear together or a group would count as 1 character. (Bunsen & Beaker; The Electric Mayhem etc. But pairs like Kermit and Piggy would count as 2).

If someone already asked something similar I apologize I skim read the posts but easily could have missed it.
  1. Unusual skills: ehhhh...none in particular come to mind right now.
  2. Secret skills: acting! It would be cool to do a Shakespearean or mob scene with the Muppets, á la Christopher Reeve or James Coburn.
  3. I would like to work with Kermit, Fozzie Bear, and the Electric Mayhem.
  4. I would love to sing and play the drums or a big percussion setup...and maybe I'd get to play with Animal too!

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I am Chinese, with some English ancestry on my paternal grandmother's side.
I’m going to be honest with you, man..... I actually thought you were white. 😅 but hey, we learn new things every day.

cjd874

Reaction score
I’m going to be honest with you, man..... I actually thought you were white. 😅 but hey, we learn new things every day.
That's right! Expect the unexpected here on Muppet Central.

But yes...I am Chinese and celebrate the Lunar New year annually. Both my parents were brought up in conservative Chinese homes. And then I broke the mold by becoming a drummer and music teacher who listens to the Beatles and Snarky Puppy! Life works in unusual ways, doesn't it? 😄😄

cjd874

Reaction score
To be fair, a kid once told me that I look like Daniel Radcliffe...so there's that.