About the Star Wars episode of the Muppet Show, what does George Lucas think of it?

AaronReturn20

Reaction score
This was made during a time when people were excited to see their idols, who weren't actually real people on TV and Star Wars appealed to kids. It's a different world now.

I'm completely aware of George Lucas' dislike of the infamous Star Wars Holiday Special (which he obviously wasn't involved with), which of course had mixed reactions when it first screened. He claims he wants to burn every single copy of it if possible, despite a digital copy being given to one actor who appeared for a DVD commentary role and as a result, played it at family parties (mainly to scare them or not know what it is). Maybe he has the same reactions to the Muppet Show episode where some Star Wars actors played their respective characters as guest stars, partially blocking the Season 4 DVD asides from music issues (despite allowing the early 2000s home media releases to go through) and maybe the Sesame Street episodes with Princess Leia and the Droids as guest stars in the street segments (despite some clips being uploaded to YouTube "officially")... What do you think of this theory?

jobi71

Reaction score
I don't have a source handy to cite, but I thought I read or saw an interview where it was acknowledged he liked it - maybe not love - not sure. He also had just finished working with Frank and Kathryn on Empire Strikes Back, so I suspect he knew what the show was all about - and with the few subtle hints - Luke's outfit for example - it might have served as a bit of good PR.