Unearthing previously "lost" Sesame Street episodes

scarecroe

Reaction score
"Donkey's behind" is not in the word ***ume at all.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
@scarecroe I’m quite curious about this, has the wiki discovered Marty’s first performance as Telly because Telly has an interesting evolution like Elmo
It is widely sourced that it was Follow That Bird, which was filmed before production on season 16 began (and released later).

episode 1966 had a Telly sketch, but I think it premiered earlier (I should look at the guide and see if it has a “first/eka” by it, can’t remember off-hand).

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
@scarecroe I’m quite curious about this, has the wiki discovered Marty’s first performance as Telly because Telly has an interesting evolution like Elmo
Not counting FTB, this was the first I was able to find:

It's interesting because you can tell Marty was trying to mimic Brian a little, as was Kevin with Elmo.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I don’t really want to turn this thread into a discussion on early Telly, but lately I’ve been wondering if there should be a “proto-Telly” page. Mainly tracing his appearances and evolution between his debut and when Brian Meehl made him the Telly that we all know. It’d be great to know all the uses of Telly as a generic monster (I guess the Suzanne Farrell sketch counts).

It would make more sense for the Two-Headed Monster: MOM sketch to have debuted in season 10 or 11, since the Telly puppet was used there. But it first aired in season 12 (do scripts that cite seasons list it as coming from season 12 or earlier?).

But it also makes me wonder who all the wiki could use a “proto-character” page for.