Unearthing previously "lost" Sesame Street episodes

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
Found this, an episode guide I've been wanting to see. Big Bird's brother, Herman, visits the street:

The repeat was more interesting because I remember some segments from the Canadian broadcast around 1978. Among them include what I suspect to be the final Canadian airing of the "Number 4 carpool" animation segment, and the film about a visit to the pediatrician. Very rare occurrence of the letter D and the number 4 being featured together, and Herman looks just like Big Bird, it seems.

Last edited:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I don’t know about anyone else, but you know what’s one street scene I’m hopeful we at least get to see raw footage of in the future?

Big Bird’s original performance of “The Sound of the Letter A.” It’s too bad that one got nuked. :frown:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I don’t know about anyone else, but you know what’s one street scene I’m hopeful we at least get to see raw footage of in the future?

Big Bird’s original performance of “The Sound of the Letter A.” It’s too bad that one got nuked. :frown:
there is at least one performance that survives. It is weird that it seems like there were at least three different renditions of the song (and within a short period of time of each other), as opposed to them all being the same segment.

It is interesting, years ago I thought it was rare for songs to be redone back in those days (aside from songs like One of These Things and The People in Your Neighborhood). But in the last couple of years when we’ve learned about more songs, it seems like a lot of songs did get a lot of renditions in the early days. It was the case with some of the most iconic songs of all time (could the fact that they kept doing new versions factor in to why they redid them so often?), but it seems like it’s also been the case with a lot of less iconic songs, like What Makes Music and (probably) The Sound of the Letter A.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I know the performance from season 4 is available. What I was saying was I would have liked to see what the original season 3 performance looked like visually.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
You know I’m curious about why some segments and songs were only on audio albums and never used for the show.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
In general or just in regards to the muppet alphabet album that had some songs taped but others (currently only known) to be audio?