Remembering Caroll Spinney (December 26, 1933-December 8, 2019)

Cookie3001

Reaction score
Well, it's not my perfect work but here is the tribute.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
To be exact, it was a post by antsanthompson9 on the previous page. I dont think I've seen it anywhere else

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
If Sesame Workshop said so, it's got to be true.
Actually I recall one of the posters here mentioned he/she had a dream that he/she heard Carroll died. I think that person jinxed us. Jinkies!

Well, I mean, think about it: he grew up during the Great Depression, his family weren't exactly rolling in dough, one of his brothers was crippled due to a neglegiant doctor who refused to leave a party early when he mother was ready to deliver, his father had a violent temper, and to top it all off, he was a boy who was named Caroll. All of that surely had to have had an affect on him growing up.
Yeah. You may be on to something with that. After all both my brother and I struggle with Autism/Asperger's and things like that and bad tempers do tend to run in my family as well.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
This is a theory: Maybe when Wendy Williams met Caroll back in 2012, he told her that cause she has an autistic family member, but he wasn't willing to tell most people.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I mean, when I met him a year ago, I never really got that vibe from him..... but he could barely speak by that point to begin with, so..... 🤷🏿‍♂️

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I brought this up on Facebook the other day, I think perhaps the most amazing thing about the timing of everything is that, at least, Caroll lived to see SS turn 50. In fact, when you think about it, he lived to see that all of his wishes were fulfilled: he wished to keep going till Season 40, and he did; he wished to keep going till he couldn't physically do either Big Bird or Oscar anymore, and he did; he wished to stay with the show till Season 50, and he did. His was a fulfilling life, and one that was also a gift for all of us.