Your Thoughts: Sesame Street YouTube marathon Friday November 15, 2019

ssetta

Reaction score
It’s possible they may end up just keep rerunning the same episodes throughout the day. I told you not to get your hopes up too high. I think the only thing to be grateful for is the (almost) full version of 2485. And now I’m guessing this is the way it’s gonna be on HBO Max. :cry:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Not even gonna bother with this stream if it’s just episodes we have seen via commercially or through syndication. And if segments are just being removed then I have no intention of watching. 🤷🏿‍♂️

Any Del

Reaction score
Well, it's to be expected from the live stream. Cool, but I'll pass.

ssetta

Reaction score
The video is no longer available. Though I really could care less because it was so disappointing (except for 2485 but somehow I’m sure that will be on HBO Max.) I don’t know why they advertised it as a 12-hour marathon when it was really just 4 hours. I really thought it was gonna be a lot more than that, and I honestly don’t know why they chose episode 4220. What’s so significant about that?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
don’t know why they advertised it as a 12-hour marathon when it was really just 4 hours.
So viewers who tune in later can get their chance to see those episodes. And besides, this is common with live streaming episode videos, especially 24/7 ones. Sesame Street is no exception.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I thought it was disappointing at first for a twelve-hour live stream to just repeat the same episodes, but if they deleted the video instead of keeping it online anyway, then I guess it’s not such a big deal that the four episodes are not particularly rare.

I wonder if it’d be cool to have a 12-hour live stream of just Sesame Street inserts (which is what I initially expected as opposed to episodes). They could probably fill 12 hours with every Ernie, Bert, Cookie Monster, and Grover segment that they can put online.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree it was a let down to have only four episodes in a 12-hour marathon. A minimum of one episode from each decade (1960s, 1970s, 1980s, 1990s, 2000s, 2010s) would've been much better. If needed, it could've repeated after six hours that way.

I didn't expect anything extremely rare that we've all been waiting for (like "Bert and Ernie's Sing-Along", Margaret Hamilton or the trip episodes), but I had hoped we'd receive more than a 1969 and 1988 episode from the classic years.

I wonder if it’d be cool to have a 12-hour live stream of just Sesame Street inserts (which is what I initially expected as opposed to episodes). They could probably fill 12 hours with every Ernie, Bert, Cookie Monster, and Grover segment that they can put online.
I had this same thought yesterday as well. Even if they just used the same songs and sketches already on YouTube and rotated these inserts wisely it would've provided much more nostalgia and randomness to the entire stream.

gravy

Reaction score
I agree it was a let down to have only four episodes in a 12-hour marathon. A minimum of one episode from each decade (1960s, 1970s, 1980s, 1990s, 2000s, 2010s) would've been much better. If needed, it could've repeated after six hours that way.

I didn't expect anything extremely rare that we've all been waiting for (like "Bert and Ernie's Sing-Along", Margaret Hamilton or the trip episodes), but I had hoped we'd receive more than a 1969 and 1988 episode from the classic years.
Exactly! I've recanted quite a few times in the live chat that they should do a Mister Rogers-esque Best Episodes of SS stream.