Tyco Sesame Street collection thread

DePingPong

Reaction score
Well, I don't know what to name this thread but TYCO made some of the best SST related merchandise, for example; Tickle Me Elmo. They had a line of figures for the 30th anniversary and I finally found the full set for a good price and instantly snagged it up! Complete and in box

Feel free to share some stuff you guys might have from TYCO's Sesame Street line!

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I had this box & figures; I played with them all the time.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm still wanting to find Herry and Rosita - I'm missing them since they weren't included with this collection, and I'd like to have them for my scale model/diorama.

cjd874

Reaction score
I had this set too! I also had some other figures of Herry Monster, Mumford, Two-Headed Monster, and the Honker (only missing Natasha and Rosita). This really brings back memories...

DePingPong

Reaction score
Herry, Mumford, Two-Headed, and the Honker are super hard to find. They're from the same set but made by a different company (Fisher-Price)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I have Mumford, but I got him as a separate, individual figure. Same with Super Grover, Bert, Ernie, and Cookie Monster - I got each of them individually. All the rest I got from collector's set on eBay a couple of years ago.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I remember there being three-packs of these in addition to the big set. I can't remember about the big boxed set, but the three-packs had profile cards on the back with some info (I think it was all the same facts that appear on the tags for the Sesame Street Beans that were available around the same time). Looking at those cards/tags is how I first learned what year some of the characters debuted.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Since Palisades never came to fruition this is probably the best set of figures. They scale nice on the 123 playset from the '70s.

I never had this package, but got most of them individually (I don't have Ernie since I didn't want him in his robe roaming the street lol, Prairie or Snuffy) and have at least 5 of the 6 additional figures (Herry, Honker, Mumford, Rosita and Two-Headed Monster [can't remember if I have Natasha... don't think so]).

The Muppet Wiki page says one of the 19 characters had a variant making a grand total of 20 figures... who's the variant of?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I remember there being three-packs of these in addition to the big set. I can't remember about the big boxed set, but the three-packs had profile cards on the back with some info (I think it was all the same facts that appear on the tags for the Sesame Street Beans that were available around the same time).
The individually packaged figures had the profile cards on the back as well; I still have mine of Grover, Bert, Ernie, Cookie, and Mumford:

They scale nice on the 123 playset from the '70s.

(I don't have Ernie since I didn't want him in his robe roaming the street lol
I'll admit, I kind of don't really see why they wanted to make Ernie in a bathrobe - he could easily still be holding Rubber Ducky while wearing his normal clothes . . . nevertheless, I'll agree, it seems a tad strange to see him out on my scale model in his bathrobe, but I still had to have him anyway, lol.
The Muppet Wiki page says one of the 19 characters had a variant making a grand total of 20 figures... who's the variant of?
I wonder if it's the Honker? IIRC, those Tyco beanies had different colored Honkers.

DePingPong

Reaction score
Were the Rock n Roll Elmo and Ernie TYCO or Fisher Price? I wanna say Fisher Price