Unpopular Opinions

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
It's funny. One man's meat is another man's poison.
I used to work in a kitchen with mostly Filipinos (I was the Token White Guy).
They loved octopus, but same with you, didn't taste like like much, but I didn't like the rubbery texture. One time they made this spicy noodle dish which was quite good.
One dish of theirs I couldn't touch, there's a special fish like sardines they eat whole. I couldn't bring myself to try it, with those dead fish eyes staring at me.

And a quote from George Carlin:
Frog's legs- I can't eat them. I keep thinking, what did they do with the rest of the frog?

Mickey D's chicken nuggets. Shhhhh!

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I can eat lamb again. Not with mint jelly, butane Easter a lady at our church made lamb chops and they were really good.

True story. Way back in ancient times when I was three, my dad had a friend we called Uncle George. Uncle George had a big tract of farm land, and my dad would go out and work on Uncle George's truck, and I could play with the animals.
There was a lamb named Snowball. I got to feed him carrots, pet him, and he had this cute smile on his face. If you ever saw baby lambs or baby goats, and they go "Baaaaaa!" It is so cute. So I loved my little woolly friend.
One day Uncle George came to the house. He said he had a surprise for us. The kids will love it!
Dinner time, there's something on my plate I never saw before. It looked funny, smelled funny, tasted funny...
"Uncle George, what is this?"
"Mutton chops".
"But where did it come from?"
"Lamb!"
When it dawned on me...Snowball!!!
I had the mother of all meltdowns. My best friend killed, cooked, and everybody is eating him!

Uncle George realized he goofed, and ordered a pizza.
I stayed away from lamb for 46 years. It's okay now, but for most of my life, the thought of eating lamb was too painful.

@D'Snowth, yes, that MASH episode "Private Charles Lamb" sticks out. Only Uncle George didn't bring a Spam lamb.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I confess, the episode "Adam's Ribs" sprang to mind when we were discussing BBQ ribs earlier, lol.

But yeah, I can imagine how horrific that had to have been for you at that time.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Anyway, getting back on topic:

Two big unpopular anime opinions I have.

1. As unforgiving as (most) of the filler was in Bleach (*cough* the bount arc *cough*), at least it actually served a purpose - to let the manga adapt as many chapters as possible so that the anime can have a good batch of episodes to adapt with (occasional) stand alone filler episodes until they catch up to the manga. Which leads me to this.....

2. the Naruto filler. (Most) of the filler in part 1 I actually enjoyed, even if at times the stories could be a bit repetitive (Tsunade sending out teams on missions). (Most) of the filler in part 2 can **** itself. Pretty much after the Pain arc is where it just became a mess, and it’s very clear Studio Pierrot was just looking for every kind of excuse to put in anime original stories to keep the series going as long as possible (I mean, ffs, the manga ended in 2014 and the anime didn’t even end until March of 2017).

(by the way, the latter part of 2 isn’t unpopular; I was just using that as a continuation).

DePingPong

Reaction score
  • Sonic CD is a terrible game with bad level design and even worse looking graphics. I already have vision problems and playing the game for too long actually gave me eyestrain.
  • Sonic Adventure isn't as good as everyone thinks it is
  • Sonic and the secret rings and sonic heroes are both good games
  • I cant get into the 3d legend of zelda games
  • johnny test is not that bad of a show. its not good. but i dont think it deserves the hate it gets. besides if green day stole their theme song then the show's gotta have something going for it :stick_out_tongue:
  • all star is unironically a good song
  • I also do not like Great Muppet Caper
  • Kermit's swamp years doesnt deserve the hate it gets. its a cute movie.
  • Zootopia is overrated. Sing is a better movie.
  • Crash Bandicoot Wrath of Cortex is a good game. But also **** that game because I'm a masochist and decided to play the game from start to finish in one sitting. My sanity has never been th same since.
  • Spyro Shadow Legacy is a flawed but decent game
  • Enter the Dragonfly could have been really good if it wasnt rushed and pushed out unfinished
  • Never got into a lot of older cartoon network shows.
  • Guitar hero is better than rock band
  • Scott pilgrim the movie is better than the books
  • The remake of Halloween is better than the original
  • The remake of Nightmare on Elm Street isnt terrible but Freddy looks like a sphinx cat.
Sonic CD is alright at best
Adventure is good, just aged horribly
Secret Rings is bad, only because of the motion controls, would be fine if it had normal controls.
Heroes was my first Sonic game, loved it as a kid, can't really get into it now, I just prefer a Sonic game where you control one character at a time.

DePingPong

Reaction score
I like Dunkin', but for the doughnuts, not the coffee.
Let me tell ya'll a Dunkin story.
So, I worked at Dunkin for a very short time, on my first day I dropped a whole tray of donuts on the floor. While picking them up to throw away, my manager said just to put them back on the tray and sell them. Absolutely disgusting.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've heard of some restaurants that bring out bread during your visit will actually take the bread back and give it to another table if you don't eat it.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
No wonder some instances I’ve eaten Dunkin’ Donuts the donuts taste like they’ve went past their expiration date.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Let me tell ya'll a Dunkin story.
So, I worked at Dunkin for a very short time, on my first day I dropped a whole tray of donuts on the floor. While picking them up to throw away, my manager said just to put them back on the tray and sell them. Absolutely disgusting.
Another thing that's a crying shame- there's a Dunkin Donuts near me, and every night they throw out the stale donuts. Nearby is a homeless shelter, but they can't give them away. If some homeless guy gets sick they can sue.
Breaks my heart seeing all those donuts going to waste.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I actually haven't had DD donuts in a long time. Coffee, yes. Donuts, no.
Krispy Kreme, however, have a sign in the window when donuts just come out of the oven.
There is one local outfit in Pennsylvania that's as good as DD used to be. They're called Curry Donuts. They're cheaper than DD, better donuts, better coffee, more selection, and if they have Toasted Coconut on the shelf I'd buy them all out.