Unpopular Opinions

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Evidently, the U.S. ban on incandescent lightbulbs may actually be lifted (even though it apparently still never went into effect yet) . . . and I'm the only one happy about this. I mean, honestly, the only light bulbs that ever came close to matching the lighting quality of incandescent are these halogen bulbs, but not only are they not quite as bright s incandescent, they don't last very long either.
I never liked fluorescent lights. In rehearsal rooms I practiced in, when you have a bunch of electric guitars and amps plugged in, the radiation from the lights causes an annoying hum.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Downtown Disney does have a retro arcade full of the games you mentioned.
In the evolution of video games, PAC Man was the big game-changer. Before most games like Space Invaders and Asteroids were based on how well you can shoot. Pac Man changed all that. And any arcade (or Pizza place, bowling alley, or skating rink) that had a Pac Man machine, kids would be lined up five deep and pumping quarters in like there was no tomorrow. ( Yours truly was one of them).
I also loved pinball, air hockey, and Skeeball. Arcade owners really cleaned up in those days. All you had to do was make change for kids, and empty out the quarters at the end of the night.
Every time I read your posts I feel like I learn something, even if it's a subject I know about.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I've stopped eating pork lately simply because I feel morally...weird about it.
I mean, pigs are basically dogs but smarter! It feels wrong for me to eat them.
I hardly touch pork anymore. I like bacon, sausage, and hot dogs made from turkey. Ham is too salty (Virginia ham, forget it!) but I still like Taylor ham and BBQ ribs.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
When it comes to your basic meats, pork is perhaps my least favorite. I don't mind chops or BBQ ribs once in a while, I tend to eat bacon bits in a salad or potatoes moreso than actual strips of bacon, and I generally tend to only eat ham at Christmas, but other products like sausage and the like? Ick!

I'm more of a poultry fan, especially chicken. I don't mind my red meat either (burgers, steaks, etc.), but between the two, I'd rather have chicken.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
There used to be a restaurant near me that specialized in exotic meats. Bison (very lean but dry), venison (a little too gamely), ostrich, and alligator.
Alligator tastes like chicken. And not to waste them, someone will get a pair of boots out of the deal.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm ashamed to say it, but I have tried frog legs once before.

They too taste like chicken . . . if chicken were marinated in pond scum.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Never had the desire to eat those things, putting aside my phobia. 😕

D'Snowth

Reaction score
There are certain animals I have no desire to eat - not even to try just once. Duck, deer, squirrel, bunny, gator, lamb. . . .

I'll admit, I did give lamb a try once, but I didn't really find it appealing . . . and mint jelly, that stuff is like eating toothpaste-flavored Jell-O.

I was also forced to try octopus against my will once years ago . . . didn't like it. It was rubbery and flavorless.