Sesame Street "Lost and Found" at the Museum of the Moving Image with Rosemarie Truglio and Norman Stiles November 24, 2019

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wonder if that event will have the whole episodes or just street scenes, though given that it's to showcase "lost" Sesame, they would be better off just showing the street scenes (I wonder if there is a mastered version of "Snuffy's Parents Get a Divorce" with inserts; they tested it with kids, I doubt they'd just screen street segments to test audiences).

I should check and see if there's a thread for that event. Even though I won't be able to attend (and I doubt footage would make their way online just because they were screened there), there is a lot that I hope they screen.

Thinking about how 50 Years of Sunny Days didn't seem to give us many true rarities (and all had at least been pictured on the wiki for quite a while), I wonder if this event has anything to do with that. Of course I figured that no matter how many rarities were released, there'd still be a lot to screen at this event that wouldn't have been included on the set.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I wonder if that event will have the whole episodes or just street scenes, though given that it's to showcase "lost" Sesame, they would be better off just showing the street scenes (I wonder if there is a mastered version of "Snuffy's Parents Get a Divorce" with inserts; they tested it with kids, I doubt they'd just screen street segments to test audiences).
No doubt they're just going to show just the street scenes of those things, maybe not even the all of them. These events are like an hour-and-a-half to two hours; they're not going to waste that time showing an entire episode, especially when they have panelists to talk about stuff.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I won't be attending, but it's obviously thrilling that people'll be able to see a coveted piece of media after so many years (and honestly something that has been blown out of proportion).

I never thought the divorce episode would be unearthed, let alone advertised at a public event.

And yeah, the inserts definitely won't be shown, and as Oscarfan said, there's a good chance it'll only be some of the scenes.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It'd be ridiculous to make a wishlist if I won't be going, but there is so much I hope get shown. Starship Surprise, Forgetful Jones On a Roll with Cowboy Cole, Alphabet Polka, some Leslie Mostly and Deena and Pearl sketches (looking at "what links here" at Muppet Wiki, I recently found that, as far as the wiki has available, only one Deena and Pearl sketch was repeated, both in its initial season and after - while Leslie Mostly's interviews with both The Count and Kermit were only in one episode each, at least in season 12). If there were more (probably unaired) sketches with scarce characters like Warren Wolf, Countess von Dahling, Countess von Backwards, and Mona Monster, it'd be great to know. Recently we learned that they did redo the bookends for Monsterpiece Theater: Chariots of Fur, even though it never aired - if the same was done with Me, Claudias and/or Upstairs, Downstairs (and if they completely redid Ali Baba), would it be a waste of an opportunity to include those alternate versions (well, if they redid the Alistair Cookie scenes in all of those and never aired them, then they'd already wasted a lot of money). Maybe they could show all four Man from Alphabet segments.

Hopefully there'll be an article about the event and plenty of new information to add to the wiki. Some time ago there had been a discussion on whether there should be a page for segments that were pulled from circulation, it'd be great to have some more confirmation on such occurrences (there's a lot of segments from the '70s and '80s that weren't shown in the '90s, long before they dropped segments from the early years, but it can be hard to determine if they were specifically pulled or if they just never got around to showing them again after the '80s ended; this includes a lot of segments I view as iconic that I can't believe weren't shown in the '90s and can't determine anything that would make them objectionable).

scarecroe

Reaction score
Starship Surprise hasn't been found yet, so don't count on that being screened anywhere until you see a confirmed episode number for it.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Starship Surprise hasn't been found yet, so don't count on that being screened anywhere until you see a confirmed episode number for it.

I am surprised this segment was filmed but never broadcasted. I wonder if it didn't test well with children or something.

scarecroe

Reaction score
I am surprised this segment was filmed but never broadcasted. I wonder if it didn't test well with children or something.
No one said it was never broadcast. It just hasn't been found in an episode yet. There are over four thousand five hundred of them to go through.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
No one said it was never broadcast. It just hasn't been found in an episode yet. There are over four thousand five hundred of them to go through.
Using the power of elimination, it would honestly have aired around the early to mid 80’s. I don’t think the segment would’ve broadcasted around the time they were doing Spaceship Surprise

scarecroe

Reaction score
Using the power of elimination, it would honestly have aired around the early to mid 80’s. I don’t think the segment would’ve broadcasted around the time they were doing Spaceship Surprise
Right. So that leaves literally hundreds of episodes to go through.