Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
More Republican illogic:

The only one I'm going address is the homophobe one because . . . that literally makes no sense. If you're a homophobe, that means you're a straight and/or cis-gendered person who hates LGBT people, so to say "homophobes are a problem, not straight people," is a big fat contradiction in terms.

Otherwise, all of these other points are moot.
Are all straight people homophobes? You need to go back to math class and pay particular attention to stats and the definition of sets and subsets.

MWoO

Reaction score
More Republican illogic:

The only one I'm going address is the homophobe one because . . . that literally makes no sense. If you're a homophobe, that means you're a straight and/or cis-gendered person who hates LGBT people, so to say "homophobes are a problem, not straight people," is a big fat contradiction in terms.

Ok... I am convinced you were dropped as a child... multiple times.

The same logic you are applying to straight people is the same logic racists use against black people. I debated a person who thought profiling was totally ok, because so many criminals are disproportionately black. I disagreed with his stance, because while it is true that most criminals are black, it is not true that most black people are criminals. See, that is the entire point of the post, and yet you some how find yourself applying the same logic as racists.

So yes, most homophobes are straight, but most straight people are not homophobes. Also, there are gays that are homophobic you twit. There are plenty of instances of people who are closeted homosexuals that speak out against homosexuality. Just once I would like to see you make a point that makes even the slightest bit of sense.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Ok... I am convinced you were dropped as a child... multiple times.

The same logic you are applying to straight people is the same logic racists use against black people. I debated a person who thought profiling was totally ok, because so many criminals are disproportionately black. I disagreed with his stance, because while it is true that most criminals are black, it is not true that most black people are criminals. See, that is the entire point of the post, and yet you some how find yourself applying the same logic as racists.

So yes, most homophobes are straight, but most straight people are not homophobes. Also, there are gays that are homophobic you twit. There are plenty of instances of people who are closeted homosexuals that speak out against homosexuality. Just once I would like to see you make a point that makes even the slightest bit of sense.
I could do without the degradation of other forum members, but you totally hit it on the head (no pun intended 🤣)... I don't know if he's just misinterpreting the tweet or what.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
to say "homophobes are a problem, not straight people," is a big fat contradiction in terms.
It isn’t. The whole point of that post is that all groups have bad apples, and even though I disagree with some of what she’s saying, that doesn’t mean it’s not comprehensible. It’s saying that straight people are not inherently the problem, it’s the actual homophobes within them that are.

Also FYI closeted homosexuals can be bigger homophobes than actual straight people.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
@LittleJerry92 made an unnerving discovery: Charlie wasn't just a troll like we all preceived him to be . . . he's actually real! He discovered Charlie does have a YouTube channel (and no, it's not the same as I video I posted in this thread way back when as a joke), and he's subscribed to a number of a Sesame/Muppet fan channels . . . and, as it turns out, he's on the spectrum as well, so that explains a lot of his behavior.

But anyway, while I was out today, I actually drove by a Trump tent! That's right. You know how you'll occasionally see tents selling goods look fruits and vegetables, or steaks, or crafts, or bootleg DVDs? Well, this was a huge tent of Trump stuff! Trump 2020 flags billowing in the breeze, Trump t-shirts, Trump hats, boxes of assorted Trump goodies, and even full-length, full-bodied posters of a Trump Photoshopped slimmer and trimmer than he actually is. It was quite a sight, I have to say.
Yeah, he has aspergers. I’m just surprised I found him on YouTube to begin with.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I know how some of you in this thread have sung the praises of Canada and how it is so much better than a President Trump led U.S. I also know how some of you like to call conservatives racists as if they have a monopoly on being racist. I'm kinda surprised (not really) then that this wasn't brought up before. The story is several days old but turns out there are multiple videos of Canada's liberal leader Justin Trudeau in black face.

I'm sure if this was a conservative Republican leader from the U.S. it would be met with the same silence.
Black face is just wrong period. No ifs ands or buts.

So, what's your all's justification for this one?

Frankly they were just wasting their time, muchso if the roles were reversed.

At least they werent wearing masks and physically assaulting her like the new radical left.
Oh, but you HAVE to respect ANTIFA! They do good for this country! They get a left leaning pass! (Sarcasm off)

(Also, unrelated but on a serious note in regards to another post - while I get the message you were trying to tell Snowth, you shouldn’t joke about people being dropped on the head because people have suffered serious head injuries from those situations. Just something to consider)

More Republican illogic:

Sorry but from dealing with annoying left leaning libs on both Facebook and twitter, I can see what she’s trying to say there. The only thing I’m going to have to disagree with is the guns. Yeah, guns don’t set themselves off, but they can be a problem if used irresponsibly.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So I just want to say I’m really happy Pelosi has finally given an impeachment investigation on Trump. At this point all I can say is the guy needs to get out of office.

(Also, I’m going to say this.... if ANYONE on this forum supports ANTIFA, I have lost some respect for you. After what they did recently, it makes me sick that the media still praises them as heroes. Cause herp derp, lEfT lEaNiNg PaSs).

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
I could do without the degradation of other forum members, but you totally hit it on the head (no pun intended 🤣)... I don't know if he's just misinterpreting the tweet or what.
Maybe so with the member degradation but when one member continues to post the same nonsense with very little thought that member deserves to get called out. It really is no different than Charlie, who most didn't take seriously. His posts were so over the top that he was run out of here. That line between Charlie's posts and D'Snowth's posts is pretty thin.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Just in the last week, Trump has signed a bill to help autistic children, spent some quality time with a disabled, elderly military veteran, and has signed a new bill to protect environment (the latter of which is a flip-flop, as one of the first Executive Orders he signed was to allow historic landmarks and public parks to be resized, altered, or completely removed if they stand in the way of development) . . . it's almost as if he's trying to prove to the world that he's actually a decent person in the wake of all of this impeachment stuff.