Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
When was the last time someone was convicted of treason? I would imagine sometime in the McCarthy 50's.
Otherwise you can go all the way back to Benedict Arnold.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
In other news, last year Dallas cop Amber Guyger. shot Bothan Jean in his home. She was white, he was black. She walked into his apartment, thinking it was hers, shoti him dead.
Today she was sentenced to ten years in jail.
Now here's the twist. The victim's family was in court to see the sentence laid down. The victim's brother, 18year old Brandt Jean, told Amber he didn't want her to go to jail, but hopes she finds Jesus.

His brother is killed, and yet he shows her compassion and forgiveness, mercy and grace.

So the next time you lump all Christians as bible thumping hypocrites, try to remember this guy.

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
In other news, last year Dallas cop Amber Guyger. shot Bothan Jean in his home. She was white, he was black. She walked into his apartment, thinking it was hers, shoti him dead.
Today she was sentenced to ten years in jail.
Now here's the twist. The victim's family was in court to see the sentence laid down. The victim's brother, 18year old Brandt Jean, told Amber he didn't want her to go to jail, but hopes she finds Jesus.

His brother is killed, and yet he shows her compassion and forgiveness, mercy and grace.

So the next time you lump all Christians as bible thumping hypocrites, try to remember this guy.
That young man is a great human being. If I was in his shoes it would be very hard for me to forgive her. But that is what God and Jesus teach us to show compassion and ask for forgiveness. There are rotten apples in every religion but Christians are the most demonized by people like D'Snowth who do not know real Christians.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
It jus
That young man is a great human being. If I was in his shoes it would be very hard for me to forgive her. But that is what God and Jesus teach us to show compassion and ask for forgiveness. There are rotten apples in every religion but Christians are the most demonized by people like D'Snowth who do not know real Christians.
And the thing is, his family has every right to be angry, every right to be upset, even have every right to hate her.
What she did was totally wrong, never should've happened. Just like if a drunk driver kills somebody.. No excuse. Some people feel her sentence was too light. Ten years isn't enough. But whether it's ten years or life, it won't bring the man she killed back.
But for the brother to show unconditional love like that, after all the pain the family endured, nothing is more Christlike than that.

And that's the only way healing starts.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
It takes effort to hold onto anger -- forgiveness and compassion come natural to human beings. We do what we do on Earth; God will judge those who sin. Since it was an accident, it's a little easier to forgive.

But yeah, the story is absolutely ridiculous and she has every right to be punished. Seems like a total overreaction on her end, and she was in the wrong in almost every way.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
More Republican illogic:

The only one I'm going address is the homophobe one because . . . that literally makes no sense. If you're a homophobe, that means you're a straight and/or cis-gendered person who hates LGBT people, so to say "homophobes are a problem, not straight people," is a big fat contradiction in terms.

Otherwise, all of these other points are moot.