Sesame Street "Lost and Found" at the Museum of the Moving Image with Rosemarie Truglio and Norman Stiles November 24, 2019

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Those of you in the NYC area might want to check this out!

SCREENING & LIVE EVENT
Sesame Street “Lost and Found”

Part of Celebrating 50 Years of Sesame Street & Jim Henson's World (2019)
Sunday, November 24, 2:00 p.m.
Museum of the Moving Image - Redstone

With Rosemarie Truglio and Norman Stiles in person
MoMI is cracking the vault wide open to take a look at rare footage of Sesame Street that never aired, was shelved after initial broadcast, or featured characters that have been retired. A panel of insiders will shed light on such stories as why Margaret Hamilton (who played the Wicked Witch of the West in The Wizard of Oz) never reappeared, and why viewers never saw Snuffy’s parents get a divorce. Special guests include: Rosemarie Truglio (Sesame Workshop Senior VP of Curriculum and Content) and Norman Stiles (Former Head Writer).

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Super interesting they would do a live event to cater to such a niche thing.

I still feel like they're trying to hide it a bit cause they would've just released it as opposed to featuring it at a one-time event where video/pics will probably be prohibited.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Super interesting they would do a live event to cater to such a niche thing.

I still feel like they're trying to hide it a bit cause they would've just released it as opposed to featuring it at a one-time event where video/pics will probably be prohibited.
Keep in mind, this is really a Jim Henson Legacy-run thing, not a Sesame-run thing.

And they've done these types of events before - a few years ago they had a great screening of just random Henson stuff they had recently remastered into HD (and it looked Bee-utiful).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Keep in mind, this is really a Jim Henson Legacy-run thing, not a Sesame-run thing.
I would expect Sesame Workshop to provide the footage, though. I doubt the Henson Company Archives have much Sesame Street video content in their archives (they most likely have copies of all Jim Henson's films, and Out to Lunch, 20 and Still Counting, and The Adventures of Elmo in Grouchland, not sure if they'd have much else).

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I would expect Sesame Workshop to provide the footage, though. I doubt the Henson Company Archives have much Sesame Street video content in their archives (they most likely have copies of all Jim Henson's films, and Out to Lunch, 20 and Still Counting, and The Adventures of Elmo in Grouchland, not sure if they'd have much else).
I could see live appearances and possibly wrap party segments being included

gravy

Reaction score
I'd think they'd keep everything but the entire Sesame collection, as that's up to SW.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I assume they get things from SW on a "We need this" basis; I doubt Sesame just handed over their entire archive over to them.

At the most recent MOMI event, they had a bunch of Sesame clips of varying quality - some were clearly taken from some of the DVDs while some of the newer stuff in HD direct was from Sesame (and lemme tell ya, that stuff looks gorgeous on a big screen).

gravy

Reaction score
I can only imagine how fast tickets would sell out for the Lost & Found event!

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I've been to only a handful of these events, and really, they aren't often full houses (sad, but true).

gravy

Reaction score
I've been to only a handful of these events, and really, they aren't often full houses (sad, but true).
I've been there quite a few times where there wasn't an empty seat in sight, and I'm sure now that word is spreading about it like wildfire there'll be an undoubtedly large turnout. I wouldn't bet on a packed theater, though.