Sketches and Songs on Sesame Street videos

gutchman

Reaction score
SS episode 3101

ssetta, does sesame street episode 3101 have the nighttime theme at the end?

gutchman

Reaction score
ss episode 3107

also, since episode 3107 ends at night with no one sleeping, does it have the regular closing theme?

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Yay for reviving really old threads! I was just looking through this thread again....it'd be fun to update it since there have been many more releases in the last 7 to 8 years..... but I guess Muppet Wiki generally has the Sesame Street video releases pretty well covered now. Still, personal reviews and thoughts on releases are always welcome.:smile::wisdom:

DePingPong

Reaction score
When I was little Sesame VHS tapes were a must in my house. My sister and brother never watched it but I always did, was always watching some kinda Sesame tape and it was normally an Elmo-centric one.

The Best of Elmo was played in my house so many times. I had at least 5 VHS copies and a few DVD copies. But I think Elmo's Sing Along Guessing Game is my favorite (at least as of now).

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
This was a fun project.:smile::wisdom::search::super:
I'm looking forward to seeing what all is included on the video release for Sesame Street's 50th. anniversary, releasing next week!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
This was a fun project.:smile::wisdom::search::super: I'm looking forward to seeing what all is included on the video release for Sesame Street's 50th. anniversary, releasing next week!
This was a fun project.:smile::wisdom::search::super: I'm looking forward to seeing what all is included on the video release for Sesame Street's 50th. anniversary, releasing next week!
I wonder how soon we'll get a rundown or a review.

With many of the collectors-based releases, it seems like how early we got them varied. Somebody here happened to get the first two volumes of Old School early while a review of volume 3 came early but while the critic joined this forum he didn't spoil the full selection of bonus clips, and the wiki didn't get a full rundown until either the day before or the day of the release (I can't remember which it was).

Barnes and Nobel's website was the first where we learned the full contents for Old School Vol. 2, 40 Years of Sunny Days, and Best of Sesame Street Spoofs! We got full contents for the first two about a week before we got them (and it would be so perfect if we got the full rundown today, on Jim Henson's birthday), while listings for Best of Sesame Street Spoofs came the Friday before its release. Of course something else I have thought about: The majority of Sesame releases since Warner Home Video got the license have had about five or six chapter stops on their various menus (with Old School Volume 3, each episode had five scenes to select, as well as only five bonus clips per season). I kind of wouldn't be surprised if the grouped the various segments by ten-year periods and did that with the menu (such as "seasons 1-10", "seasons 11-20", etc.), that would be five chapter stops. But hopefully (whether we learn the full contents early or not) all segments will have their own individual chapter stops.

Ever since Shout! got the rights, there have been reviews of each Sesame Street video on YouTube, many coming way early (like, at least a month), reviewed by kids on a number of channels where kids review new DVDs and stuff. I keep checking and so far there hasn't been such a review (given the nature of the release I am not really that surprised).

I am hoping that the "life on the street" disc will have at least one or two more street stories that have not been confirmed, that they'll be from the first 20 years (especially the first ten), and that we'll get some that are not neccessarily notable, though that can be debatable (you could say that a few random ones have been announced - Jeff Goldblum's appearance as Bob's Indiana Jones-like brother seems unnotable beyond a celebrity appearance/spoof, and Gordon and Snuffy in the NYC marathon seems like the least notable one included).

crackmaster

Reaction score
The only VHS to feature ANYTHING from Scott Getchell is The Great Numbers Game (he was a trumpet player in the "Parade of Numbers" sketch.) Sad "AT" didn't get featured on a VHS release...