Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Even in 2016, it was clear the people wanted Bernie . . . but the DNC wanted Hillary instead.

Even now, Bernie and Tulsi seem to be really popular with a majority of people, with others like Harris and Buttigeg having a number of supporters as well . . . but it's clear the DNC really want either Biden or Warren.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You know, for someone attending a "Straight Pride Parade," this person sure does look more like an LGBT individual pretending to be a Trump supporter for the sake of a joke:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Another mass shooting in Texas today, but don't worry, the shooter was a white guy, so he was probably a poor, unfortuantely, mentally unstable soul who just couldn't handle life anymore, so we need to be sympathetic and not talk about gun control.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Remember how I pointed out in spite of the ever-growing number of mass shootings in America, that we're actually seeing less and less of them actually be reported, and as such, there's less talk about them? I honestly thought it was because Americans had finally reached a point where they're almost completely desensitized to gun violence since it happens so frequently in this country that it's almost like it's part of everyday life in America.

But then today, I learned what's really going on . . . which, I'm sure the rest of you will probably claim you had it figured out all along, and that I'm just a cotton-headed ninnymungins.

But evidently, the reason being is if only two people die as a result of the shooting, the media doesn't consider it newsworthy; they actually have a requirement of a minimum of four casualties in the shooting to consider it newsworthy.

MWoO

Reaction score
Remember how I pointed out in spite of the ever-growing number of mass shootings in America, that we're actually seeing less and less of them actually be reported, and as such, there's less talk about them? I honestly thought it was because Americans had finally reached a point where they're almost completely desensitized to gun violence since it happens so frequently in this country that it's almost like it's part of everyday life in America.

But then today, I learned what's really going on . . . which, I'm sure the rest of you will probably claim you had it figured out all along, and that I'm just a cotton-headed ninnymungins.

But evidently, the reason being is if only two people die as a result of the shooting, the media doesn't consider it newsworthy; they actually have a requirement of a minimum of four casualties in the shooting to consider it newsworthy.
You really need to start reading the sources I post....

Its not the news considering it not newsworthy, its how massshootings are defined.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
The Department of Justice recently came out with a list of all the mass shootings over the last 20 years. (To a lot of folks, we can remember the places- Columbine, Sandy Hook, etc., but not the names of individual shooters). One statistic stands out. Many were mentally unstable. Many had easy access to a gun.
But 95%did not have a strong father figure. Same problem that plagues inner city youths joining gangs.
You can take away the guns, you can lobby for mental health, but until society patches itself up and rebuild the family, don't expect things to get better.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The Department of Justice recently came out with a list of all the mass shootings over the last 20 years. (To a lot of folks, we can remember the places- Columbine, Sandy Hook, etc., but not the names of individual shooters). One statistic stands out. Many were mentally unstable. Many had easy access to a gun.
This is one of the main reasons for the fight for stricter gun control: too many guns are falling too easily into the wrong hands. It has nothing to do with taking guns away from responsible gun owners, it has everything to do with preventing guns from falling into the hands of people like this.
But 95%did not have a strong father figure. Same problem that plagues inner city youths joining gangs.
You can take away the guns, you can lobby for mental health, but until society patches itself up and rebuild the family, don't expect things to get better.
I don't look for that to happen anytime soon. Father figures aside, there's so many other areas in which our society has decayed and declined over the decades that I don't see any sort of reversal being successful in these areas.