Official: “Muppets Now”, an unscripted series coming to Disney+ on July 31, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I'm now pondering what would've happened if in 2015 they brought back the exact Muppet Show; I know it's not healthy to rest on your laurels, but what if that had been successful? Nostalgia is huge right now, and that might've done the trick; that might be the only thing people would want to see from the Muppets. The Muppet Babies reboot seems to be doing pretty well for itself.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, they tried that once before with MUPPETS TONIGHT!, but that didn't go over so well with mass audiences like the original TMS did.

ImToffe

Reaction score
I'm so happy and excited that we're getting something from them! can't wait to see how muppets now will be

Grumpo

Reaction score
Kermit is very much Matt, but who plays the Weasel?

MWoO

Reaction score
I'm now pondering what would've happened if in 2015 they brought back the exact Muppet Show; I know it's not healthy to rest on your laurels, but what if that had been successful? Nostalgia is huge right now, and that might've done the trick; that might be the only thing people would want to see from the Muppets. The Muppet Babies reboot seems to be doing pretty well for itself.
The Muppets kind of missed the nostalgia boat. Right now 90s nostalgia is in. They werent in their prime then. 80s nostalgia was around its peak when "The Muppets" (2011) came out. 70s nostalgia was big in the early 2000's.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Just wait: pretty soon (as in another couple of years or so), everybody will be nostalgic for the 2000s, and that was certainly the awkward period of time when the Muppets bounced from Henson to that German company, back to Henson, then to Disney.

Status
Not open for further replies.