Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

Cookie3001

Reaction score
If any of you missed it there is another Sesame Street memory video where Terry Crews talks about the album Sesame Street Fever which includes a scene from the Snuffy and Big Bird disco sketch in HQ

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
It's kind of fascinating how something as timeless as Sesame Street got so heavily into disco.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
well you gotta remember that the 1970's was the biggest decade for Sesame Street and disco was the biggest thing at the time so when Sesame Street had disco it was like 2 of the biggest things of the 70's fused together

D'Snowth

Reaction score
SS has always kept up with the times. Synthesized pop music as well as MTV music videos were all the rage in the 80s, so naturally we had inserts, songs, and production numbers that reflected that . . . likewise, as rap was coming into vogue in the late 80s and into the 90s, we had some Sesame-flava raps like "Rappin' Alphabet," "Healthy Food," and Queen Latifah's letter O rap. The show's theme song went calypso in the 90s when tropical-inspired sub-genres like ska and junkanoo were becoming popular.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
yeah they have always kept up with the most popular music genres of the time. Some of the best SS sketches were the disco sketches, I remember the Grover ABC disco sketch was one of my favorite sketches when I was little but I don't remember seeing the sketch with Snuffy and Big Bird before

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Obviously, I prefer the Elmo we're more familiar with, but I think the voice Brian gave him is so funny. Did you guys notice that after he says "Can I play?", he does the crooked-eye look? That shows that Kevin wasn't the first one to use it. In Kevin's interview with the Archive of American Television, he said he found it while playing around with Elmo.