The Facepalm and/or Headdesk Thread

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Then may I recommend Booker T. And the MGs.Straight out of Memphis. Backed Otis Redding, Sam and Dave, everybody that was ever on the Stax/Volt label.Tighter than anything. Steve Cropper and Duck Dunn later joined the Blues Brothers.
They made a ton of records... and they're all instrumental. No lyrics to get uptight about.
So if you ever get tired of the crap on the radio, there is so much else to delve into. Plenty of bands in jazz, blues, country, soul, etc. with no pesky lyrics to rant about.

Any Del

Reaction score
Then may I recommend Booker T. And the MGs.Straight out of Memphis. Backed Otis Redding, Sam and Dave, everybody that was ever on the Stax/Volt label.Tighter than anything. Steve Cropper and Duck Dunn later joined the Blues Brothers.
They made a ton of records... and they're all instrumental. No lyrics to get uptight about.
So if you ever get tired of the crap on the radio, there is so much else to delve into. Plenty of bands in jazz, blues, country, soul, etc. with no pesky lyrics to rant about.
Good to know they're people out there who have the same taste of music like me. :smile:

Have you ever listened to MFSB- Love Is The Message? Love it! :flirt:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Good to know they're people out there who have the same taste of music like me. :smile:

Have you ever listened to MFSB- Love Is The Message? Love it! :flirt:
Yes indeed. Once upon a time you actually had to be a musician to make music.
Nowadays it's about having a name or a pretty face, music synthesized and auto tuned to death,, making sure you got your dance moves down, and wear some shocking outfit. Meanwhile a lot of real musicians couldn't get arrested if they tried.
This is nothing new. 30 years ago when heavy metal/ head banging bands were big, my band could barely get gigs because we didn't have big hair and spray-on pants.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
I actually dig Swiftie though. She’s one of the best artists on the modern pop scene. Her latest couple of songs are bops.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
This is why I listen to metal
Do you know what's funny? Metal bands denying their metalLed Zeppelin and Deep Purple were loud, but not metal. K.K. Downing once said JudasPriest wasn't metal. But the biggest eyebrow raiser was Ozzy saying Black Sabbath wasn't metal.
If you had to pick five criteria to be metal, what would they be?

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Do you know what's funny? Metal bands denying their metalLed Zeppelin and Deep Purple were loud, but not metal. K.K. Downing once said JudasPriest wasn't metal. But the biggest eyebrow raiser was Ozzy saying Black Sabbath wasn't metal.
If you had to pick five criteria to be metal, what would they be?
Hmm, that’s tough. For me there are no real criteria, some artists just are and some aren’t. Usually you can tell with the guitar sound. AC/DC doesn’t sound as metallic as Iron Maiden, for instance. LZ and DP really fit the hard rock spectrum better, especially since Zep were so experimental with their sound.

But there’s also a difference between playing metal and playing music with metal guitars. Rammstein have a very metallic sound, but they play music as if they were industrial. As far as metal goes, it’s up to the listener’s interpretation of what metal really is, and judged thus on a case by case basis. I can tell you which bands are metal or not based on what I see as metal, but not everyone will agree with me. Which makes them idiots. :shifty::wink:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I’m not big on her music, never have been. With that being said, I have no problem with her filmography. And no offense, Snowth, but I think you’re a bit too paranoid with her role in Cats, nor do I think you’ve done any research when it comes to how often she does movie roles. She has been in other films before this, and it’s not very often she does filmography. I highly doubt this is going to lead into something bigger.

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
Not only is CATS being turned into a movie, but Taylor Swift will be starring in this . . . bad enough she's all over the radio, this will probably result in her branching out into a movie career as well, which means we'll have to deal with her even more.

On the other hand, she certainly wouldn't be playing against type: I always thought she had a very catty looking face.
On the bright side, the movie is gonna be released on the same day as Star Wars IX, so it'll probably fail at the box office. Maybe (hopefully) even bomb.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Considering how poorly star wars is doing lately im not sure either movie will be successful tbh. but cats will probably fail regardless. it's a movie no one asked for that everyone is openly rejecting. if its actually successful its probably just people going to see it ironically, expecting it to be bad