Where are all these classic Sesame Street episodes coming from?

scarecroe

Reaction score
Our materials come from multiple sources. For privacy purposes, we can't reveal them. But the details are far less scandalous than some of y'all are speculating. A lot of times, people associated with a show donate their work to their alma matter when they retire or pass away. Sometimes they're local broadcasters who still have stuff in their archive. And other outlets. You just have to know where to look. I've been running Muppet Wiki with a great team of folks for almost 14 years now, so we've gotten good at uncovering the covered. Thanks everyone for your patience. Oh, and whomever re-uploaded the G for Grover clip and stretched the image out... dishonor on you; dishonor on your cow; dishonor on your whole family. :ouch:

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Our materials come from multiple sources. For privacy purposes, we can't reveal them. But the details are far less scandalous than some of y'all are speculating. A lot of times, people associated with a show donate their work to their alma matter when they retire or pass away. Sometimes they're local broadcasters who still have stuff in their archive. And other outlets. You just have to know where to look. I've been running Muppet Wiki with a great team of folks for almost 14 years now, so we've gotten good at uncovering the covered. Thanks everyone for your patience. Oh, and whomever re-uploaded the G for Grover clip and stretched the image out... dishonor on you; dishonor on your cow; dishonor on your whole family. :ouch:
I didn’t re-upload the Proto Grover clip, I just shared the one from Muppet wiki and I do not mean no harm

minor muppetz

Reaction score
When it comes to video materials Scott had just recently acquired for the sake of making screenshots, I thought today of what would have made the perfect first screenshots from these to post, though I don't know if he has the footage (and it's obviously too late to make it the first): the street scenes from the first episode that was guided from the trusted sources (which I think was episode 1540).

I saw that the text on his message wall has been changed a little, saying that he "won't be uploading (many) clips". I guess the uploading of clips will be on a case-by-case basis (and they'll most likely be unlisted).

I am pleasantly surprised that there doesn't seem to be many of the kind of posts from "Sesame brats" regarding these screenshots. A few have expressed disappointment and I've seen some posts from people hopeful that they'll be uploaded, but for the most part I have not seen any public posts from fans begging for the clips/episodes to be uploaded.

datman24

Reaction score
When it comes to video materials Scott had just recently acquired for the sake of making screenshots, I thought today of what would have made the perfect first screenshots from these to post, though I don't know if he has the footage (and it's obviously too late to make it the first): the street scenes from the first episode that was guided from the trusted sources (which I think was episode 1540).

I saw that the text on his message wall has been changed a little, saying that he "won't be uploading (many) clips". I guess the uploading of clips will be on a case-by-case basis (and they'll most likely be unlisted).

I am pleasantly surprised that there doesn't seem to be many of the kind of posts from "Sesame brats" regarding these screenshots. A few have expressed disappointment and I've seen some posts from people hopeful that they'll be uploaded, but for the most part I have not seen any public posts from fans begging for the clips/episodes to be uploaded.
After yesterday’s fiasco on this forum, I think the begging is just getting started.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
God forbid people ask where an episode came from.

I have a strange feeling this thread is going to be locked relatively soon. People don't seem to get the message when it comes to begging and speculating about the sources.
What's the message about speculating? You're not allowed to do it? Who's begging?