Your Thoughts: New Muppet Central Forum Features

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
Obviously it's going to take time to get used to as we were used to the same layout for so long.

But personally it feels like such a major upgrade and it actually feels like a modern website compared to what we had before.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
am i the only one who feels like these 'modern' layouts are actually moving backwards? They just look so plain and boring compared to older site layouts. and i dont mean mc specifically, i mean just in general
It sounds like what you're saying is that because modern sites have to be designed for compatibility with a small mobile device all the way to a large screen display that the basics of design have changed over the years. If so, I totally agree. The good news is web design is continually evolving.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
am i the only one who feels like these 'modern' layouts are actually moving backwards? They just look so plain and boring compared to older site layouts. and i dont mean mc specifically, i mean just in general
Not just website layouts, but honestly, it seems like a lot of products are doing this: like you go to the store, and see how so many products have redesigned their packages, boxes, bottles, whatever, so many of them are going for a plainer, more simplistic look . . . maybe that's what's "in" right now?

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Maybe there can be an option for multiple themes like the original one that was used before the big upgrade.

Robinlover

Reaction score
I seemed to rather enjoy the old layout because it seemed more appeasing to the eyes. I like all of the new things, it’s just the circle icons and the blue and white I don’t like, but it’s fine, I’ll get used to it. The old layout was dark in the background. If only like you could have a setting to go between the new and old layout, that’d be neat

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Muppet Central have switched over to XenForo's V2 theme, so it's unlikely that they'd be able to implement something exactly like the old theme was with V1. However, you could probably stylize this one to look more like it, or at the very least personalize it a bit more. I'm satisfied with anything, though. I'm already used to this layout and digging it quite a lot.