Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

MWoO

Reaction score
And so it begins: prices in grocery stores are rising because of the tariff wars. Thanks, Trump.
It seems like there are so many things to complain about with Trump, yet you always pick the things that he has nothing to do with.

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
I have been hearing all this talk about nancy pelosi and the democrats talk about how they are going to impeach president trump. That is a stupid and a terrible idea, that would help create an EVEN bigger divide in our country and for what so the democrats can win brownie points from their supporters. I pray to god they don't try to impeach trump(plus why would they impeach him what law has he broken? The whole russia collusion thing has been found to be total BS by robert mueller.)

MWoO

Reaction score
The current issue seems to be obstructing justice. The argument being that one need not be guilty of the crime being investigated to be guilty of obstructing the investigation into said crime.

MWoO

Reaction score
Frankly, I dont think there has actually been an impeachable offense, though the line has been touched many times. I think that Bidden calling for unity is the way to go. Plus, if Trump is out then you can potentially see even more people going to the right in 2020 because he wont be in the running. Bidden could beat Trump, being the most moderate of the dems running.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
AOC has left me speechless. If you turned on the news in the last 24 hours, her latest diatribe is.....

cauliflower is racist.
How can that be? Well, she wants people (especially people of color) who have vegetable gardens in New York, not to grow cauliflower because it represents "colonial imperialism". So grow yucca and plantains like they do in Purto Rico.

She's overlooking one vital detail. Yucca and plantains need certain soil conditions and rainfall that exist in tropical climates, but not up here.
Same reason you can't grow coconuts up here.

Do you know what does thrive in New York? Cauliflower. But that's racist.

Maybe cauliflower reminds her of her empty brain.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Considering all I'm seeing reporting this is Fox and other conservative outlets, this is probably something they're twisting or blowing out of proportion to keep making her look like an idiot.

MWoO

Reaction score
I mean.... ya'll could just look at the actual source material instead of just assuming things.

She doesnt say cauliflower is racist. She says that city projects such as community gardens do not take into consideration the cultural background of the community and as such can fail because of that. Project planning should consider what vegetables are culturally relevant to the people.

Cauliflower was just a random food she chose and said it represented colonialism in that it held no relevance to the background of the people in her community. She mentioned that it would be the same result as a white community growing yucca or plantains, foods they are not use to eating or preparing.

Its not a bad point, just delivered poorly in an unscripted video stream.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
I mean.... ya'll could just look at the actual source material instead of just assuming things.

She doesnt say cauliflower is racist. She says that city projects such as community gardens do not take into consideration the cultural background of the community and as such can fail because of that. Project planning should consider what vegetables are culturally relevant to the people.

Cauliflower was just a random food she chose and said it represented colonialism in that it held no relevance to the background of the people in her community. She mentioned that it would be the same result as a white community growing yucca or plantains, foods they are not use to eating or preparing.

Its not a bad point, just delivered poorly in an unscripted video stream.
She does have a point, but awkwardly stated. she is still just an idiot on so many levels though.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
How, exactly, is it that we're not living in a state of fascism or a dictatorship where saying anything about the leader means you temporarily lose your job without pay?

I don't remember any doctors or medical professionals losing their jobs - even temporarily - for all the $#!+ they talked about Obama and/or ACA all those years.