"Sesame Street's 50th Anniversary Celebration" special to air November 9 on HBO and November 17 on PBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Now one has to question: HOW will this 50th anniversary special be advertised enough to be watchable given how expensive HBO tends to be and how many people tend to overlook PBS ?
You're assuming two things:

1. people don't watch HBO because it costs money
2. people don't watch PBS because...it's not ABC/NBC?

Neither of those are true. People watch HBO, regardless of the fact they have to pay for it - just look at how big Game of Thrones was. People watch PBS - they have popular programming too.

If they both advertise it, people will see it. Plus, HBO will have it on their streaming platform; anyone can watch it anytime, anywhere.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
And @mbmfrog remember: PBS has a channel that shows nothing but kids programming 24/7. I'm not sure if the special will air on there, or on the main channel, but if it airs on the former, I have no doubt it will be advertised like crazy, believe you me.

GrouchFanatic

Reaction score
I hope we hear Caroll as Oscar & Big Bird for this special, that's really all I ask, everything else is gonna be perfect

Oscarfan

Reaction score
If some of the photos are any indication, Caroll himself might be in the special, but I wouldn't count on him doing any voices.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I hope we hear Caroll as Oscar & Big Bird for this special, that's really all I ask, everything else is gonna be perfect
A friend saw Caroll Spinney at a convention recently. His voice is too weak to do voices.

Status
Not open for further replies.