Those Strange Kiddie Videos on YouTube: What's the Deal?

mimitchi33

Reaction score
At work one day, I spotted what I thought was a kid watching an Elsagate video while waiting in line, but it was actually something that was just as bad that used ElsaGate like animation that was just as annoying:
Now, I knew this was an actual toy a few years back because Amazon would show it as a sponsored product on HeartCatch Pretty Cure toys (I remember it showing up on the HeartCatch Mirage's page), but why did it deserve to be made into a poorly-animated, annoying cartoon? Maybe it wouldn't have been so bad if the animation reminded me of something that mostly uses inappropriate themes (with the video itself being about peeing and pooping) and if the kid wasn't playing it on full blast.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Time for the fuzzy old coot to finally weigh in on this...
Way back when I was a toddler, when dinosaurs roamed the earth, before cable, before computers, before hi-tech, all there was to watch was Sesame , Mr. Rogers, etc.
Shows with high quality and imagination.
Now technology makes it possible for people to create their own videos, everybody thinks they have a Sesame Street or a Disney masterpiece in them. And they fall waaaaaaaayyyyyy short.
Watching this crap, even ironically, is losing time you'll never get back.
Some of these are embarrassingly poor. Like Teletubbies poor.

mimitchi33

Reaction score
Why is the song practically Twinkle Twinkle Little Star/Baa Baa Black Sheep/The Alphabet Song?
Because it's easy to sing? I also noticed that Finger Family and the Potty Monkey song have the same tune too.

What’s next? Burger King?
I laughed harder than I should've. But there's actually one of these for Filipino fried chicken chain Jolibee.

By the way, the Elsagate videos still exist in some form:

And now they have U.S. Acres ElsaGate!

Last edited:

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Because it's easy to sing? I also noticed that Finger Family and the Potty Monkey song have the same tune too.

By the way, the Elsagate videos still exist in some form:

And now they have U.S. Acres ElsaGate!
You’re right. Why didn’t I think of that earlier?