The new What Made You Smile Today thread

Cookie3001

Reaction score
Okay so I'm sure you all saw my post about when I fund some rare Sesame Street books and a Sherlock Hemlock board game. Today I went to the thrift store and found this really cool and rare Big Bird backpack from 1997. It was made by my favorite SS plush company, Applause. If this was on eBay it would probably cost a lot but I only paid $4.51

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Today was a beautiful day. Perfect day to be outside. Now it's midnight and raining buckets outside, thundering, and can't get the Doors "Riders On the Storm" out of my head.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Found out a neat fact. Teddy Roosevelt was blind in one eye, just like me!
If he could be president, get carved on Mt. Rushmore, and get portrayed by Robin Williams, how's that for a role model?

Any Del

Reaction score
Went to the Paley Center of Media today...
AMAZING experience! Saw #3976-3980, #3981, #3991, #4021 and #4026.

Also saw the exhibition of the 35 years of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and played on this virtual reality system! :smile:

I even went down to Van Courtland Park up in the Bronx and walked around for half hour! Beautiful experience!

Definitely would go back to the Center again! :big_grin:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Went to the Paley Center of Media today...
AMAZING experience! Saw #3976-3980, #3981, #3991, #4021 and #4026.

Also saw the exhibition of the 35 years of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and played on this virtual reality system! :smile:

I even went down to Van Courtland Park up in the Bronx and walked around for half hour! Beautiful experience!

Definitely would go back to the Center again! :big_grin:
That place is awesome. The last time I was there it was still the Museum of Television and Radio, but I always enjoyed it there. Before YouTube, DVDs, etc. it was the only place where you could see the first episode of Sessme Street.
Way back in the 80s, it used to be in this tiny gallery on East 63rd Street. Snowthy would love this. They showed a history of Jay Ward. Plenty of Rocky and Bullwinkle, Capn Crunch commercials,, and a few toy ads. All this made me think, "Wow! There's a museum devoted to this stuff. Neat!"

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
When Bobby Flay was young, he got an Easy -Bake oven for Christmas. He got so much grief and being called a sissy, becausecooking and baking is women's work.
Now he's one of the most famous chefs.
I love cooking, and I'm happy to break the preconceived notionthat men don't belong in the kitchen.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
When Bobby Flay was young, he got an Easy -Bake oven for Christmas. He got so much grief and being called a sissy, becausecooking and baking is women's work.
Now he's one of the most famous chefs.
I love cooking, and I'm happy to break the preconceived notionthat men don't belong in the kitchen.
It's kind of odd really. Professional male chefs are highly revered, but regular average men cooking is still sometimes seen as unusual.