Muppet Productions Ranked

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Is it? Hm, I didn't know that. I always thought it was from sometime in the mid- 90s. So, I guess this special has more historical significance than I thought. Steve did a pretty good job as Kermit considering this was one of his first times playing him.

I have to say, I just rewatched this last month after about nine years, it was pretty fun. Not as enjoyable as the first time, as the humor was a bit more kiddie than a lot of their productions, but it's for kids, so. Gonzo was really funny as allof his characters, Miss Piggy was also funny, and you get to see the several different layers of her personality for different stories. Considering Frank Oz was there for this, it's pretty unusual that Fozzie wasn't in this at all. Anyway, I felt like whoever wrote the songs was trying to make them the catchiest songs ever, but for some reason most of them fall flat. I don't know why but, I can hardly remember any of the songs.
I also think it was a bit too long. I mean, this seems like one of those VHS specials that would normally be like 40 minutes, tops, but it's movie length. My patience and attention started to wane after a while. I wonder if kids did the same. Or, maybe they didn't, maybe you're not supposed to watch all the stories all at once, idk
Yes! The video was released in 1994, which was after Muppet Christmas Carol. However according to Muppet writer Jim Lewis

My personal favorite among my own projects is Muppet Classic Theater which I co-wrote with Bill Prady. It was done relatively soon after Jim's passing, and it was in many ways a re-gathering of the clan. It was fun. Plus it’s just silly, with no great message. I'm fond of it and hope it sees the light of DVD someday

Also Fozzie was in one of the stories. He was in the one with the Empoere new clothes.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
25. The Fantastic Miss Piggy Show
Average Score: 6.9/10
Television Specials 9/22

There were a few entries that I'd never heard of before making the poll, and this was one of them, which makes me really surprised it's in the Top 25. Four people actually gave it a 9, but other voters flocked around 6 and one gave it a 3, which brought it down a bit.
Put me down for a 10, I watched this special so many times I have several scenes memorized, lol.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It's one of my favorites too, but I was pretty surprised to find out that the majority of active users here weren't big fans out it.
Some fans don't like MTM because most the Muppets are out of the movie for so long. But that's part of what makes the story so emotional and poignant (and the soundtrack contributes to that so perfectly). Plus it's one of those "Love Letter to New York City" movies and that always does well with me, hehe.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Been busy lately, sorry for not updating. On top of that, I had to shut down my computer today to get it to start working right, which deleted the entire file I had for this. I'll need to go back and recalculate everything now. Hopefully my lazy bum will do it sooner than later.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Been busy lately, sorry for not updating. On top of that, I had to shut down my computer today to get it to start working right, which deleted the entire file I had for this. I'll need to go back and recalculate everything now. Hopefully my lazy bum will do it sooner than later.
Oh, so that's why we haven't seen any updates in nearly a month.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Oh, so that's why we haven't seen any updates in nearly a month.
I’d like to do it again, but I don’t have the time atm and I don’t see this getting started again ‘til after December.