Harry Potter and the order of the phoniex

puppets_etc

Reaction score
Ok, it's time for round 2. I finished it last nite about 11:30. It was so good I couldn't put it down :embarrassed: Anyway, as usual, it leaves you waiting for more. How she (JK Rowling) is going to end the series is beyond me. They're all so good, you sit there thinking, "OK, what's next?!?"

Deb :flirt:

HAVE FUN READING :excited:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I think the only character that would be a joy to have gone from the series would be either Harry himself or Hermione. They just bug me...

I certainly hope it isn't Ron. Is it Ron? Tell me, is it Ron? *sigh* It's either him or Hagrid. I know it...

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
I think the only character that would be a joy to have gone from the series would be either Harry himself or Hermione. They just bug me...
Except that there would be no series without Harry... :wink:

I'm on chapter 20 and my brother is one ahead of me and he keeps telling me to hurry up and catch up so we can talk about it!

Emmy said:
Secondly, I don't think it's dawned on me that this is actually the next book
I know exactly what you mean. I've been waiting for it so long, it's hard to believe its actually here!! While I was rereading the first four again, I kept looking forward to having whole new adventures to read about and now I can!

:excited:

SamEagle 000

Reaction score
What page are you guys on? I've been reading it and it's really hard to put it down! It's really good! :big_grin:

I'm on pg. 250.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
SamEagle 000 said:
What page are you guys on? I've been reading it and it's really hard to put it down! It's really good! :big_grin:

I'm on pg. 250.
I'm only on p. 179, but I'm taking it nice and slow... Hopefully not so slow, though, that I find out ahead of time who meets his or her untimely demise... I should be ok, though. My parents went to see "The Sixth Sense" with me at the dollar theater in February, and nobody had spoiled the secret for them. And we knew lots of people who had seen the movie. Let's just hope they don't put it in the headlines! Anyway, it's a great book. And at the point I'm reading, the school year hasn't even started yet! There definitely is a darker tone in this book. Each book seems to get darker, and Harry especially is different. He's much more surly this time around.
Erin

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
electricmayhem said:
Except that there would be no series without Harry... :wink:
Yeah, I can't imagine that they could get away with nixing Harry! It's hard for me to say who my favorite character is, but I could make a good case for Hagrid. He is such an awesome character. I seriously hope he makes it through the series. I'm also crazy about Fred and George. :crazy: They're hilarious! You can always count on them for a refreshing dose of levity, no matter how serious the situation is. Killing one of them off would be really weird, since the two of them are inseparable. They complete one another. And I definitely do not want to see either of them go!
Erin

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
. I'm also crazy about Fred and George. :crazy: They're hilarious!
And it's cool because they seem to have a bigger part in this one so you get to read about them even more! I almost had a heart attack last night when I was reading because I thought I figured out who it's gonna be who dies....I'm not gonna say who but I really hope I'm wrong! :concern:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
electricmayhem said:
And it's cool because they seem to have a bigger part in this one so you get to read about them even more! I almost had a heart attack last night when I was reading because I thought I figured out who it's gonna be who dies....I'm not gonna say who but I really hope I'm wrong! :concern:
I know, I'm loving their part in this book. They're even more fun now that they can do magic whenever they want. I've already encountered a couple red herrings... or potential red herrings... not sure about the second, but I hope it is!
Erin

frogturtle

Reaction score
I finished the book. It is really good. It took me about 11 or 12 hours to read. i was so scared it would be one person to die, it looked like it at the beginning of that part, but it wasn't.
Did it seem to anyone that JK Rowling wrote in a different style this time? When I first started reading it, I could tell everything was different. With Dudley, he has changed completely, hasn't he? He always seemed the good one, except when dealing with Harry. Now everything changed. I don't want to give out too many details, but this book is different. At first, she wrote in a style for smaller kids to understand. Now it is much more complex. Am I wrong?
Valerie

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
frogturtle said:
I finished the book. It is really good. It took me about 11 or 12 hours to read. i was so scared it would be one person to die, it looked like it at the beginning of that part, but it wasn't.
Did it seem to anyone that JK Rowling wrote in a different style this time? When I first started reading it, I could tell everything was different. With Dudley, he has changed completely, hasn't he? He always seemed the good one, except when dealing with Harry. Now everything changed. I don't want to give out too many details, but this book is different. At first, she wrote in a style for smaller kids to understand. Now it is much more complex. Am I wrong?
Valerie
I don't think you're wrong at all. I very much agree with you. The writing is different here, and the tone is even darker than book 4, which was pretty dark itself. I'm not even a third of the way through yet, and Harry especially is different. His whole outlook seems to have changed -- those terrible teens, I guess! He definitely has a much darker side here, reminding me of Annakin Skywalker in the last movie. It's very interesting...
Erin