New Muppet movie in development for potential 2013 release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiona1024

Reaction score
The movie will be released in March the 20 something 28 I think I'm not sure.
I'm really looking forward for this movie.
But I haven't seen much Gonzo in it ;-;

muppetlover123

Reaction score
Does anyone who has seen Thor 2 know if there is a muppets most wanted trailer before it

MuppetGeek

Reaction score
I saw Thor 2 in Ireland and no muppet trailer was on it but maybe its different in America

Kasey Kockroach

Reaction score
Some proposed theories I have on how the film might go:
I imagine the aspect that in the film's beginning, the group during their tour in London were getting more and more tired of Kermit as their leader, with him calling all the shots and more or less giving no creative freedom to his fellow stars and artists (at least in context of this film's story). And of course, take him for granted before Kermit is kidnapped and replaced with Constantine. As we witness in the trailer, Constantine offers them the opportunity to "do whatever you want", much to their apparent shock. They at first relish the opportunity, but of course grow to realize the hard way they need Kermit in control, not to mention begin to greatly miss their friend who's apparently transformed into some oddball with a Russian accent (I imagine Scooter's Moves Like Jagger bit is a moment where we see what awful acts the Muppets put on without Kermit, much to the others' exasperation). Meanwhile, during his time in prison, Kermit more or less grows into a less uptight, relaxed, understanding leader.
With that (great) helicopter shot, I imagine Kermit hopping onto the helicopter to try and catch Constantine in the climax, but is going to be carried away. The others fear the loss of their leader and friend, until Gonzo takes the insane initiative of grabbing onto the helicopter (exclaiming "KERMIIIIIIIT!" at the top of his lungs as he bravely leaps forward), then someone finds his or herself grabbing onto Gonzo, then things go from there, all these characters proving their strength and loyalty to each other one by one.
This is all just wild guessing, of course.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
I apologize in advance for not having read the ENTIRE 80 pages of this post, although I SWEAR I have read MOST of them. I have a question and I want to know if anyone knows the answer. Please make sure you read the whole question before you answer, because I might not be asking what you THINK I'm asking.

Who is playing Constantine?
I do not mean, what muppeteer is playing Constantine, although I am assuming it is Steve (but maybe not). What I mean is, is Kermit the Frog playing Constantine? When Kermit goes on interviews, etc., will Kermit be talking about having to play both roles? That is what makes sense to me, but I can also easily envision the story being that they hired someone else to play Constantine, and have Kermit be huffy because he doesn't actually think the other "actor" looks that much like him--with The Muppets, you just don't know which way something is going to fall.

But I want to know if anybody--at this point--actually KNOWS how they are going to play this--one frog, two roles, or two frogs and one pig.... (Assume fanfic is going to follow....)

Thank you, wonderful fellow muppaphiles!

Ru

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I apologize in advance for not having read the ENTIRE 80 pages of this post, although I SWEAR I have read MOST of them. I have a question and I want to know if anyone knows the answer. Please make sure you read the whole question before you answer, because I might not be asking what you THINK I'm asking.

Who is playing Constantine?
I do not mean, what muppeteer is playing Constantine, although I am assuming it is Steve (but maybe not). What I mean is, is Kermit the Frog playing Constantine? When Kermit goes on interviews, etc., will Kermit be talking about having to play both roles? That is what makes sense to me, but I can also easily envision the story being that they hired someone else to play Constantine, and have Kermit be huffy because he doesn't actually think the other "actor" looks that much like him--with The Muppets, you just don't know which way something is going to fall.

But I want to know if anybody--at this point--actually KNOWS how they are going to play this--one frog, two roles, or two frogs and one pig.... (Assume fanfic is going to follow....)

Thank you, wonderful fellow muppaphiles!

Ru
Matt Vogel is playing Constantine and Kermit has referred to the frog as one of his relatives (as he does have many).

Status
Not open for further replies.