Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, again, I see both sides at fault here. . . .

On the one hand, yeah, I have seen white Democrats go so far as to incessantly apologize to blacks and other minorities for the decades of oppression, repression, prejudices, and other racials injustices they've endured at the hands of "the superiority of the master race," but, Reps are the ones I'm seeing who are pushing the rhetoric like the above-mentioned tweet, asking why do whites need to apologize for being white (because, again, they're the ones feeling their very White Privilege is being threatened).

Muppet Master

Reaction score

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Well, again, I see both sides at fault here. . . .

On the one hand, yeah, I have seen white Democrats go so far as to incessantly apologize to blacks and other minorities for the decades of oppression, repression, prejudices, and other racials injustices they've endured at the hands of "the superiority of the master race," but, Reps are the ones I'm seeing who are pushing the rhetoric like the above-mentioned tweet, asking why do whites need to apologize for being white (because, again, they're the ones feeling their very White Privilege is being threatened).
Honestly I don’t ever feel the need to apologize for being physically Caucasian because it was the race I was given and I’m fine with that. With that said, yes I am aware unfortunately Caucasian folks have had it easier in life with not being judged for their skin color, and it’s really disgusting that racism still exists to this day, but I’m not sorry for being Caucasian. I can’t control my skin pigmentation.

With the Republican folks (yes even minorities) who feel the need to white knight (no pun intended) for white people all the time and ignore racism does exist, yeah, those people annoy me too.

Generally speaking I believe all races have their equal share of toxic traits to them. But you can’t say it without being labeled as racist or a sellout or Uncle Tom depending on what skin color you have and who you’re calling out.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I keep coming back to this since it bears repeating.
Racism comes from ignorance and fear. Those are human weaknesses, and no race is immune to that.

I don’t have privilege from being white. I may have privilege because I grew up with both parents. I may have privilege at my jobs because I worked my a$$ off.

One of the highlights of Martin Luther King’s speech was dreaming of a nation where people are judged by character, not on the color of their skin.
I’m‘a too bad for some, that speech still falls on deaf ears.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
This hyper-focus on race was pretty much put in place by the media to take down the Occupy Wall Street movement and stop people from focusing on class issues.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh, what do you know? Yet another school shooting involving a boy who was apparently rejected by his dream girl, and figured the best way to cope was to go in and start shooting everybody. 2021 just wouldn't be complete without such a scenario.