Little things we've noticed

D'Snowth

Reaction score
One thing that's occured to me is that Seasons 33 and 34 were the only seasons that included an additional street scene of sorts during the entire hour, as opposed to just one singular, continuous street story to start with; in Season 33's case, it had a cold open after the opening theme that was either a random song or game, or something of a teaser for the main street plot that would follow afterward, and in Season 34's case, there was a mid-episode scene that would basically follow-up the previous main street story.

TimzUneeverse

Reaction score
The round of "Three of These Things" that Gordon and the kids played using the numbers 1, 2, and 3, and the letter A in show 960, was most likely better suited for a test round than the actual episode itself.

Also, where's that screencap of Mr. Hooper "watching from the counter window" from that same episode?

Last edited by a moderator:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, so getting the thread back on track. . . .

I had assumed that Jerry Nelson had performed the bassist simply because I know a shoulder injury in the 70s forced him to perform left-handed for a while, but I believe that was in the mid-70s, and this song wasn't until the 1979, long after. I mean, it's still highly probable that it's Jerry, just not because of a shoulder injury.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Okay, so getting the thread back on track. . . .

I had assumed that Jerry Nelson had performed the bassist simply because I know a shoulder injury in the 70s forced him to perform left-handed for a while, but I believe that was in the mid-70s, and this song wasn't until the 1979, long after. I mean, it's still highly probable that it's Jerry, just not because of a shoulder injury.
The trusted docs list Jerry as a performer (doesn’t say which puppet though), but given the slowness from the bass player, I’m sure it probably was him performing the puppet.

Last edited by a moderator:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Meanwhile, the process of elimination leaves Jim and Frank as the other two. It isn't a hard stretch to imagine either of them as that drummer though; they both had tendancies to really ham it up, even with background characters like that.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I remember as a kid I was pretty intrigued by the sound of Herman Happy’s laugh and how it fades out when the curtains come back down.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Marty seems to work glove-handed puppets better than he does rod-handed puppets.