Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Remind me again of how it's the Dems who politicize and profit off of gun-related tragedies that happen in this country to push their agendas?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
To be honest any jokes about Alec’s accidental shooting aren’t funny to begin with. They’re all done out of very poor taste.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Remind me again of how it's the Dems who politicize and profit off of gun-related tragedies that happen in this country to push their agendas?
Not that I really expect an answer from you cause you seem to run and hide when asked to support your claim, but I'll ask anyway. Do you have a link to where you saw this shirt?

MuppetsRule

Reaction score

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
As far as taxing unrealized gains (which would be pretty difficult to enforce) let’s think about this.
Biden and Bernie have multiple homes. I think Bernie has three, Biden has four. If they’re in favor of this policy, let them be the first ones to be subject to these policies. Then we’ll see how this policy flies.

Biden insisting the wealthy pay their fair share. Well, you must be pretty wealthy if you have four houses, right? Not exactly hurting, right?

That’s the hypocrisy. Tax the assets of the rich people!

But not mine!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So since we can't get gun control in this country, then how about we mandate bulletproof vests for the civilian population? I mean, if we can allow military-grade weapons of mass destruction like assault rifles into the hands of civilians, then why not police protection gear?

P.S. There was a shooting in my very town today . . . in a part of town I happen to frequent . . . right next to a restaurant I've eaten at a few times.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
So since we can't get gun control in this country, then how about we mandate bulletproof vests for the civilian population? I mean, if we can allow military-grade weapons of mass destruction like assault rifles into the hands of civilians, then why not police protection gear?

P.S. There was a shooting in my very town today . . . in a part of town I happen to frequent . . . right next to a restaurant I've eaten at a few times.
I'm sure there is nothing keeping you from wearing a bullet proof vest now. Knock yourself out.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I have some doubts if this will pass, but just the idea it was put on the table sounds absurd.

One of the last things Biden tried to pass before leaving for Europe, here’s the deal.

If you’re an illegal immigrant, and you had a child separated from you, the government will call mpensate you for half a million dollars each.

On its face, this sounds ridiculous. What other country on earth would reward you for breaking the law.
Try breaking illegally into Japan. You think the Japanese government is going to award you fifty billion yen? No, they’d deport you so fast your head would spin.

Back to this compensation plan. How are they going to find these people and pay them? I receive a disability check each month, but only because I’ve been registered with a social security number when I was five.

Second, how is the government going to fund this program? Easy! Print more money , watch inflation rise, watch your taxes go up, how are you liking this deal so far? What’s in it for you?

My grandfather is probably turning in his grave right now. He was an immigrant too, but he came here LEGALLY. Let me repeat LEGALLY.

In January 1927, he came to Ellis Island from Ireland. He got turned away. So he caught another boat for Canada. He went to Montreal and applied for a green card. He spent three months in Canada working in a factory. Then he got to Boston on a work visa. There he spent six months in the shipyards. THEN he was allowed to come to New York. He learned the language, assimilated, and was granted citizenship. No cutting lines, no government handouts.
In 1927 they really didn’t want illegal immigrants coming in. Does that mean President Coolidge was a racist too?