Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
After this election, you can never listen to polls again. So many predicted Biden would win by a landslide, and they missed by a mile.

Just to hold things up further, the dems want the courts to enforce not having Republicans at polling centers in Philadelphia. So PA is going to be a while even under the best of circumstances.

To make things easier for 2024, every state should purge their voter rolls of all the dead people, maybe work with the Census Bureau so ballots go to the right address. Common sense stuff.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Wow. Republicans are going absolutely crazy today, it's actually comical at this point; they're just making up and spewing out whatever bullcrap that's popping into their head: Biden will force us all to speak Chinese, Biden will raise gas prices to $5 a gallon, Biden will commit mass genocide of black people are just some of the hysteria I've been seeing all day.

MWoO

Reaction score
Well the gas price thing isn't far off. With what Biden has said about his plans for the oil industry (what little he has said) we would become dependent on foreign oil again. This means much higher prices. We could see gas prices reach the levels they did under Obama, if not higher.

Hey, remember when Trump won in 2016 and the democrats started saying all this crazy stuff about how he was going to over turn Roe v. Wade and strip the LGBTQAI+ (seriously, why so many letters?) community of their rights and how he was going to cause WW3? People say crazy stuff about people they don't like.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Wow. Republicans are going absolutely crazy today, it's actually comical at this point; they're just making up and spewing out whatever bullcrap that's popping into their head: Biden will force us all to speak Chinese, Biden will raise gas prices to $5 a gallon, Biden will commit mass genocide of black people are just some of the hysteria I've been seeing all day.
Almost as hysterical as saying President Trump was a dictator. He's just like Hitler. He'll get us in to World War 3. I recall a prolific poster on these boards repeating that several times. Those posts by him were comical then and just as comical today.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
i love how y'all still defend him even when he's being a crybaby and sore loser about the election results so far. he wants states to stop counting votes because he knows he'll lose if they don't... that's pretty pitiful if you ask me.
Hey, remember when Trump won in 2016 and the democrats started saying all this crazy stuff about how he was going to over turn Roe v. Wade and strip the LGBTQAI+ (seriously, why so many letters?) community of their rights and how he was going to cause WW3? People say crazy stuff about people they don't like.
you're right, he hasn't overturned Roe v. Wade, but he's sown the seeds in the Supreme Court for it to happen. and don't get me started on LGBTQAI+ rights (the acronym is long because of the number of sexualities and genders included under the umbrella). Trump has appointed so many anti-gay people in his administration (including super homophobic Pence), he's banned trans people from serving in the military, he's rolled back Obama-era non-discrimination protections... the list goes on and on. he's done a lot to harm the community and spread fear and hatred all around.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score

MuppetsRule

Reaction score

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
i love how y'all still defend him even when he's being a crybaby and sore loser about the election results so far. he wants states to stop counting votes because he knows he'll lose if they don't... that's pretty pitiful if you ask me.
Agreed President Trump needs to quit crying about the results and falsely claiming fraud or rigged. If he's got the proof, then bring it. (He don't) Otherwise bow out gracefully.

But I dont see any recent posts defending him. I see posts discussing the recent vote totals in the outstanding states. I see posts calling out hypocrisy of D'Snowth calling Repuicans reactions comical. Those claims are comical but we've had 4 years of D'snowth making just as comical claims.

MWoO

Reaction score
One thing is clear, Trump saw this coming. When mail in ballots were announced he told his base not to vote by mail specifically so he could challenge mail in ballots in court and try to get them tossed. If he gets certain mail in ballots tossed, he can force a win via the legal system. If he does that, prepare for some serious **** to go down across the country.

Personally, i don't like how mail in ballots were handled. It opened the door for this kind of reaction. I'd rather have seen extended early voting specifically so we wouldn't have this problem.

That being said, even though Trump is basically having a break down, there were some weird things that happened. In Detroit there is video of counters blocking the windows as they count. Why would they do that? It just adds fuel to the fire.