Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

MWoO

Reaction score
Why has it taken Trump three years to do anything to help Puerto Rico after being devastated by Hurricane Maria?
You mean other than the pallets of supplies that were sent and then left in a 43,000-square-foot warehouse until they were found this past January? Back when residents of Puerto Rico were calling for the Governor to resign over it?

MWoO

Reaction score
Just days before her death, as her strength waned, Ginsburg dictated this statement to her granddaughter Clara Spera: "My most fervent wish is that I will not be replaced until a new president is installed."

As Justice Ginsburg passed her 80th birthday and 20th anniversary on the Supreme Court bench during President Barack Obama’s second term, she shrugged off a chorus of calls for her to retire in order to give a Democratic president the chance to name her replacement. She planned to stay “as long as I can do the job full steam,” she would say, sometimes adding, “There will be a president after this one, and I’m hopeful that that president will be a fine president.”
So... what if Trump wins in November? Does she want us to wait another 4 years?

Justices are suppose to be politically neutral. Trumps picks have already gone against party lines on some issues. The Supreme Court Justices are suppose to be the only 9 people not beholden to a political party. Judges in general are suppose to rule on law, not party talking points.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
So... what if Trump wins in November? Does she want us to wait another 4 years?

Justices are suppose to be politically neutral. Trumps picks have already gone against party lines on some issues. The Supreme Court Justices are suppose to be the only 9 people not beholden to a political party. Judges in general are suppose to rule on law, not party talking points.
🤷‍♀️

Angela Mae

Reaction score
Barrett is a 2020 version of Phyllis Schlafly. She's been empowered by feminism and then wields her gains against women (and others) as a group.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This. This right here. All of this.

On a slightly unrelated note, @Old Thunder, I don't know if the comment will still be visible after sharing this, but I found it amusing that someone in the comments section feels that this article betrays people's common sense and will have them on the verge of embracing Satanism, because . . . yeah, that just makes a whole lotta sense, doesn't it?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Here’s the deal with Barrett. The left is going to smear her because Trump picked her.
It will be like Kavanaugh all over again.

But because she’s a woman, if Biden tries to smear her, that will make him look bad.

Many on the left are screaming at Trump for not complying with Ginsburg’s dying wish.
Trump is bound by the constitution to fill the seat. Pelosi wants to impeach Trump again. On what grounds? For upholding the law?

Others don’t believe there should be a Catholic justice. Because of her stance on abortion, the Democrats are throwing fits.
The Supreme Court is supposed to be politically neutral, not an extension of the Democratic Congress.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Others don’t believe there should be a Catholic justice. Because of her stance on abortion, the Democrats are throwing fits.
I've literally seen no Democrats lash out at her for being Catholic. None whatsoever. I've seen plenty of Republicans lash out at Biden for being Catholic, though. Let's not forget the Kennedy family also got a lot of flack back in the 60s for being Catholic as well.

But seriously, the only way I've seen Democrats lash out at Barrett is not for being Catholic, but for supposedly being part of a particular religious organization that basically still regards women as second class citizens who shouldn't do anything that hasn't been instructed by their husbands, and even comparing it to a TV show that apparently was all about such women . . . back in the Middle Ages. But even so, I haven't seen a single person - Democrat or otherwise - attack her for being Catholic.