Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

MWoO

Reaction score
So not that this matters, but after looking at the videos of the Atlanta shooting, it seems pretty clear that it was indeed justified. Brooks fired the taser once, then ran, then turned back and attempted to fire it again at the cop. Had the cop gotten hit, he would have been incapacitated leaving his gun open to be taken by a man who already showed he was willing to take a cops weapon and use it on them. The cops tried at every turn not to use lethal force and were left with no choice.

The cop being fired for this is unacceptable and he certainly shouldn't have charged brought against him.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
So not that this matters, but after looking at the videos of the Atlanta shooting, it seems pretty clear that it was indeed justified. Brooks fired the taser once, then ran, then turned back and attempted to fire it again at the cop. Had the cop gotten hit, he would have been incapacitated leaving his gun open to be taken by a man who already showed he was willing to take a cops weapon and use it on them. The cops tried at every turn not to use lethal force and were left with no choice.

The cop being fired for this is unacceptable and he certainly shouldn't have charged brought against him.
I agree.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score

Right now he’s only fired. If Atlanta’s mayor had her way he’d be facing murder charges. That will be up to the courts to decide.
Meanwhile it’s found that a white woman set fire to the Wendy’s.
If anyone deserves to have the book thrown at, it’s her. Arson is not a petty crime.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Trump's approach to tackling police brutality by signing an Executive Order to basically bribe police with rewards if they be good little boys and girls essentially reminds me of this satircal comic a friend of mine did years ago:

gravy

Reaction score
Had the cop gotten hit, he would have been incapacitated leaving his gun open to be taken by a man who already showed he was willing to take a cops weapon and use it on them.
the dude was already running away tho

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
He turned around and fired the weapon at the cop, hoping to incapacitate him. It's justified.
Not only that but the cop has a split second to decide whether it is the taser or a gun being pointed at him. If he hesitates for just that split second and it is a gun, he's dead. And nobody would be there to protest that.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Trump's approach to tackling police brutality by signing an Executive Order to basically bribe police with rewards if they be good little boys and girls essentially reminds me of this satircal comic a friend of mine did years ago:
Isn't this essentially what the Democrats do ALL the time for votes? Free this. Free that.

MWoO

Reaction score
the dude was already running away tho
Dude... he was calmly being arrested and having the cuffs put on when he flipped out, started beating the cops, grabbed a taser, ran, turned while running to fire, looks like he may have hit one of the cops since he collapsed against a car, then continued to run, turned to fire at the second cop which was when he was shot. If you can't see how this was a justified shooting that was caused entirely by Brooks then I don't know what you expect any police officer to do in this situation.

I would love for you to be a cop for just a week. See how you handle a situation like this. It's easy to say what should or shouldn't be done when you are sitting at home watching it on your computer.

gravy

Reaction score
Justified shooting? Maybe. Justified death sentence? no.