Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
And on a somewhat more humorous note, remember when President Trump famously said that "just like that the virus will disappear"? He took a lot of guff for that and rightfully so. But who's talking about the virus now? No one. Did it just disappear?

Old Thunder

Reaction score
And on a somewhat more humorous note, remember when President Trump famously said that "just like that the virus will disappear"? He took a lot of guff for that and rightfully so. But who's talking about the virus now? No one. Did it just disappear?
That’s what makes me very concerned with the riots. With so many people being in close proximity to each other, the virus has many more victims it can spread to.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
As y’all know, I have been on break for a good while and right now a lot has been going on in my life that I’m still going to be off for a good while. But I was lurking the forums to see what people have to say about what’s going on and I just have one thing to say then I’m taking off again.

@MWoO dude. You seriously proved just how privileged you are from reading your posts and I am honestly glad I have you on ignore right now. You’re basically whitesplaining in all your posts and it shows. Quite honestly...... I don’t even know how to describe how disgusted I am from reading this.

I’m really glad I saw these posts at the same time though. Cause it really tells me who you are as a person. I have officially lost all respect for you.

Anyway, hope y’all are staying safe during these crazy times. Peace.
One last thing I would also like to add because I see it being discussed.

So, I gotta be honest. I don’t mind protests, but I am against riots/any form of violence. I don’t feel like there’s any need to be stealing or destroying property as I feel two wrongs don’t make a right. But because of what’s going on these last couple years with ongoing racism..... I am seeing their frustrations at the same time. And as some folks on here pointed out, it does go back to Mr. King’s quote “Riots are the voices of the unheard.” But as of now, with the fact that it’s getting to the point where innocent people have been killed or injured, even when they want no participation in this..... honestly, I feel like our country is now just becoming a big disaster, and year by year I feel like I lose more respect for it. This year I think I have lost all respect for it. At this point, I feel like I just want to move out if this is the area we’re heading in. 🤷🏿‍♂️ I could settle into the UK or Australia or even Jamaica for all I care. At this point it just doesn’t feel safe to go outside right now, both in terms of the virus and the chaos going on at the moment.

Anyway, heading off again and hope everyone is staying safe from everything going on. Peace.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
Its taking a stand against the fact that black people in America and around the world are still treated as second class citizens by some people in the 21st century

A white male such as myself would not have been murdered by those police officers if we were caught in a situation like George Floyd. George Floyd tells the police officer that he could not breathe, the police officer continued to press down hard against his neck which killed him. It was intentional and the fact he was only given a charge of third degree murder is criminal

this isn’t fair.And surely in a civil rights situation, there is no argument or debate. Everyone should have the same treatment. And black folk should not have to fear walking down the street, driving their car and other normal day to day things

And I seriously cannot believe you’ve gone to disagree with this and question wanting a better and fair world for everyone. That’s why people want to take a stand

people will take the **** with rioting and protesting and I absolutely do not condone that type of behaviour
however something has to be done because it’s not fair anymore
And it's just not black men who are treated this way, black women too. A black woman and her son were beaten by cops, who accused them of stealing a tv, and the bad thing about it, is that they had proof that they paid for it right where the cops could see it. And cops barged in a black woman's home looking for someone who was not there, woman pulls out the gun thinking that she heard robbers, cops come in here bedroom, and see her holding her gun, and shoot her. By the way, the main cop who killed george floyd, has murdered other black men before.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score

So, I gotta be honest. I don’t mind protests, but I am against riots/any form of violence. I don’t feel like there’s any need to be stealing or destroying property as I feel two wrongs don’t make a right. But because of what’s going on these last couple years with ongoing racism..... I am seeing their frustrations at the same time. And as some folks on here pointed out, it does go back to Mr. King’s quote “Riots are the voices of the unheard.” But as of now, with the fact that it’s getting to the point where innocent people have been killed or injured, even when they want no participation in this..... honestly, I feel like our country is now just becoming a big disaster, and year by year I feel like I lose more respect for it. This year I think I have lost all respect for it. At this point, I feel like I just want to move out if this is the area we’re heading in. 🤷🏿‍♂️ I could settle into the UK or Australia or even Jamaica for all I care. At this point it just doesn’t feel safe to go outside right now, both in terms of the virus and the chaos going on at the moment.

Anyway, heading off again and hope everyone is staying safe from everything going on. Peace.
We do live in interesting times. But past generations have been through similar things before. It's part of having a free society. We will get through it and we will survive.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it. Through violence you may murder the liar, but you cannot murder the lie, nor establish the truth. Through violence you may murder the hater, but you do not murder hate. In fact, violence merely increases hate. Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
–Martin Luther King, Jr.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
But who's talking about the virus now? No one.
A lot of people are still talking about the virus, because there are justifiable concerns that these protests and riots will cause even bigger spikes in confirmed COVID-19 cases, since clearly and obviously there's no social distancing being observed or practiced.

GoldHattedGonzo

Reaction score
Yeah, it'll be surprising if there ISN'T a massive spike in cases. The protest that I went to yesterday gave me enough space to socially distance, but very few people were.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
When they protested peacefully, the right had issues with it because they were, "being disrespectful" to a piece of cloth, a song, and the ground.

Now that they're rioting, the right has issues with it because they're destroying property, looting, and burning cities to the ground.

So, apparently, this is how the right says they need to it: write letters to their local police departments. Yeah, because I'm sure that won't fall on deaf ears at all.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score

Ray Davies of The Kinks said the same thing in 1970-

I don’t feel safe in this world no more.
I don’t wanna die in a nuclear war.
I wanna sail away to a distant shore
And live like an Apeman. 🙂
Little Jerry, good to see you back.