Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

MWoO

Reaction score
we are not. talking. about. white people.
Literally my response was to a comment about how this would not have happened if Floyd was white. In the context of that response, we were literally talking about white people.

"if the man was white, that wouldn't have happened." - Froggy Fool

This was what I was responding to. This is why the example I cited was relevant. But no, you be so hellbent on being angry and trying to argue with me, just ignore context.

what did i say. are you trying to repeat your misinterpretation of what i said or put words in my mouth
You said all you know is that he said he couldn't breath. Therefor, you don't care what the autopsy says. And again, you ignored everything i said about how it doesn't even matter because the end result was the same and the police caused it. Why do you ignore that part? Because it means we might actually find common ground, and clearly you don't want that.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
the oscar speeches
I'm going to add this: for the past four years, whenever celebrities have used their notority to bring more attention to issues plaguing the country (mostly because of the incompetence of Trump), the right would lash out at them for "pushing their leftist Hollywood elite agenda" on everybody, and that they should, "just stick to making movies, and keep their opinions to themselves." Now, with all of this going on, the right, in their typical hypocritical fashion, is complaining that celebrities are not speaking out about the protests and riots, adding, "their silence speaks volume." So, what do they want? Do they want celebs to just keep their traps shut and stick to making movies, or do they want them to weigh in on issues?

As for ANTIFA, as of today, Trump has declared them a domestic terrorist organization . . . but you know what? It seems like everybody has literally forgotten that the entire Republican Party had already declared BLM a hate group long ago - a hate group that they actually liken to the KKK, only a black version of the KKK.

gravy

Reaction score
Literally my response was to a comment about how this would not have happened if Floyd was white. In the context of that response, we were literally talking about white people.
You were talking about "white people go through similar things"
SIMILAR things, sure. But they don't go through what black people have to go through.
But no, you be so hellbent on being angry and trying to argue with me, just ignore context.
maybe because you're twisting and turning this conversation into completely different subjects that you cant even prove your point, it seems
You said all you know is that he said he couldn't breath. Therefor, you don't care what the autopsy says. And again, you ignored everything i said about how it doesn't even matter because the end result was the same and the police caused it. Why do you ignore that part? Because it means we might actually find common ground, and clearly you don't want that.
???????? word salad is all i'm seeing

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
As y’all know, I have been on break for a good while and right now a lot has been going on in my life that I’m still going to be off for a good while. But I was lurking the forums to see what people have to say about what’s going on and I just have one thing to say then I’m taking off again.

@MWoO dude. You seriously proved just how privileged you are from reading your posts and I am honestly glad I have you on ignore right now. You’re basically whitesplaining in all your posts and it shows. Quite honestly...... I don’t even know how to describe how disgusted I am from reading this.

I’m really glad I saw these posts at the same time though. Cause it really tells me who you are as a person. I have officially lost all respect for you.

Anyway, hope y’all are staying safe during these crazy times. Peace.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
I’m running the numbers to what MWoO posted early on in this thread.

331 whites killed by police in 2019
————————————————
White population ~197,181,177
= .000168% of white pop. killed by cops

212 blacks killed by police in 2019
————————————————
Black population ~42mil
= .000505% of black pop. killed by cops

That means you are three times more likely to be killed by a cop if you are black than if you’re white. Maybe it’s technically a rarity, but when you’re dealing with human life, even rarities become big issues.

Also, if a cop has 18 complaints on his official record and is still kept on the force, I think that’s extremely telling about the issues the police system in America has. Just food for thought.