Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
You want change? Vote in local elections. Vote for your local sheriff, your local DA. You now, those elections everyone forgets about.
Sadly, voting in elections doesn't do **** for people's rights in this country. It was protesting and riots that gave us the outcome of the Civil Rights Movement. It was protesting and riots that gave us gay marriage and trans rights. It was protesting and riots that gave women the right to vote. The system is corrupt. Minorities don't get as much of a voice. If you think that they do, then your white privilege is showing BIG TIME.
I can tell you right now there are far more black people in fear of the riots than they are in fear of the cops on a daily basis.
How can you speak for every black person?

MWoO

Reaction score
My mouth is full from all the words people have been putting in it...

Yeah! Because white people are being oppressed! 🙄
Did I say that? I don't remember saying that. I did dispute the claim that white people some how never get brutalized by the cops.

Autopsy also said there were "potential intoxicants", which, if you believe that, you would believe any bullsh:eek:t.
So basically you won't trust anything from an investigation that doesn't confirm what you believe.

read it again until you understand the point i'm trying to make and why i even posted in the first place. and before you jump to any one of those ASSUMPTIONS of yours i suggest you put yourself in others' shoes.
You aren't making any point or counter point. You are just being a dismissive jerk. Nothing you have written shows any real thought, just talking points.

These stores that are being looted? They're made for THEM to get money and for US to pay because... consumer demand, duh. Anyone can get anything online these days, does it really matter that much? These stores can be rebuilt in no time while the oppression of black people in america has been going on since before america. you remember the suffragettes? they smashed windows and asked the government if their lives or the property mattered more. it still took them YEARS to finally get their rights. you remember the bloody sunday? turnaround tuesday? you would THINK the government would learn. the national anthem kneels, the oscar speeches, the protests, the riots, WHAT has changed? and you find it sensible to think the riots are unprecedented. SIT down
You do know that people work in those stores, right? Those stores provide jobs so people can feed their families. Looting them means you just took money out of the hands of those workers. You think the companies that got looted will just go "oh well" and keep everyone on payroll?

Oh, and tell KB Balla that things can be replaced. You know, the black man that put his entire life savings into a sports bar that he was about to open, only to have it burned down and destroyed, ruining his life's work. But he some how deserved it because owning a business is some how evil, right?

Please tell me what you want changed. What racist laws do you want abolished? Be specific, don't just say "black oppression" as if that is enough.

There are plenty of black people that have applied themselves and made it in this country. If the country was truly systemically racist, we wouldn't have any black people with any influence, yet we do. That does not mean racism doesn't exist, but to say the country as it is today is systemically racist is wrong.

MWoO

Reaction score
Sadly, voting in elections doesn't do **** for people's rights in this country. It was protesting and riots that gave us the outcome of the Civil Rights Movement. It was protesting and riots that gave us gay marriage and trans rights. It was protesting and riots that gave women the right to vote. The system is corrupt. Minorities don't get as much of a voice. If you think that they do, then your white privilege is showing BIG TIME.
I am sick of hearing about white privilege. n one showed up to my door with a check for being white. I worked my *** off. I've had to prove myself to earn my position in my career. I had to rebuild my reputation with a new company after I was let go. No white privilege kept me from being fired.

Minorities have a HUGE voice. There are special interest groups out the wahzoo. The entire media focuses on the voice of minorities. 30 years ago, maybe you have a point. 40 years ago, you certainly have a point. But now? Seriously?

How can you speak for every black person?
How can Gavry3 speak for every black person? He said all black people fear for their lives when they step outside their home. I don't see you questioning that sweeping generalization, which is what i was replying to.

gravy

Reaction score
How can Gavry3 speak for every black person? He said all black people fear for their lives when they step outside their home.
please point out to me where i explicitly said that bro show me
Did I say that? I don't remember saying that.
THEN WHY ARE YOU TYING IT UP WITH THIS COMPLETELY UNRELATED SITUATION???
So basically you won't trust anything from an investigation that doesn't confirm what you believe.
The man said "I can't breathe" and that's about as much I need to investigate.
You are just being a dismissive jerk.
Then listen to understand rather than to listen to reply.
You do know that people work in those stores, right? Those stores provide jobs so people can feed their families. Looting them means you just took money out of the hands of those workers. You think the companies that got looted will just go "oh well" and keep everyone on payroll?

Oh, and tell KB Balla that things can be replaced. You know, the black man that put his entire life savings into a sports bar that he was about to open, only to have it burned down and destroyed, ruining his life's work. But he some how deserved it because owning a business is some how evil, right?
"My mouth is full from all the words people have been putting in it..." -MWoO, 10 minutes ago
Please tell me what you want changed. What racist laws do you want abolished? Be specific, don't just say "black oppression" as if that is enough.
look into the black lives matter movement
There are plenty of black people that have applied themselves and made it in this country. If the country was truly systemically racist, we wouldn't have any black people with any influence, yet we do. That does not mean racism doesn't exist, but to say the country as it is today is systemically racist is wrong.
am sick of hearing about white privilege. n one showed up to my door with a check for being white. I worked my *** off. I've had to prove myself to earn my position in my career. I had to rebuild my reputation with a new company after I was let go. No white privilege kept me from being fired.

Minorities have a HUGE voice. There are special interest groups out the wahzoo. The entire media focuses on the voice of minorities. 30 years ago, maybe you have a point. 40 years ago, you certainly have a point. But now? Seriously?
this mf got me in shock... are you truly truly this ignorant?

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
I am sick of hearing about white privilege. n one showed up to my door with a check for being white. I worked my *** off. I've had to prove myself to earn my position in my career. I had to rebuild my reputation with a new company after I was let go. No white privilege kept me from being fired.

If the country was truly systemically racist, we wouldn't have any black people with any influence, yet we do. That does not mean racism doesn't exist, but to say the country as it is today is systemically racist is wrong.
i have no words. you obviously have no idea the **** that people of color have to deal with. i would suggest reading these articles on why white privilege and systemic racism ABSOLUTELY exist:

GoldHattedGonzo

Reaction score
The thing is, White Privilege describes a lot of things. The name can be confusing at first, but, in short, it means that the color of your skin doesn't impact the way society as a whole views you. POC are still afraid of racist attacks, are framed by the police, are less likely to succeed because fewer people offer them opportunities to. It doesn't mean white people don't struggle, it just means that the color of their skin isn't a major factor in it.

MWoO

Reaction score
please point out to me where i explicitly said that bro show me
Mixed up a quote from Froggy Fool himself and attributed it to you. My mistake.

THEN WHY ARE YOU TYING IT UP WITH THIS COMPLETELY UNRELATED SITUATION???
Because it is not unrelated to what was said. Talk about ignorant. It was said that this would not happen to a white person. That white people do not go through this with the cops. So, I provided one of many examples where white people experience very similar things. In the context of what was being saying, it is a relevant point. But you took it to mean I was some how taking away from Floyd's death, which is incorrect. It is not a contest to see who's death was worse. But the statement was made that if Floyd was white this would not have happened, and there is nothing to justify that statement.

The man said "I can't breathe" and that's about as much I need to investigate.
So, medical autopsy's don't mean anything to you.

Everyone agree's that the cop was wrong here. We are splitting hairs on the cause of death. Whether suffocation or a heart condition that was exacerbated by the actions of the police, the result is the same. We both agree it was horrific. We both agree that the cop caused the death and should be jailed. We both agree that the cop should not have had his knee on Floyd's neck.

Then listen to understand rather than to listen to reply.
It's hard to listen to understand when multiple people are attacking me and telling me my "privilege" is showing because I don't think the majority of my country is racist.

this mf got me in shock... are you truly truly this ignorant?
Again, no counter to anything, just a dismissive comment because you have yet to articulate what it is that anyone is trying to gain from the protest and riots other than "change".

gravy

Reaction score
Because it is not unrelated to what was said. Talk about ignorant. It was said that this would not happen to a white person. That white people do not go through this with the cops. So, I provided one of many examples where white people experience very similar things. In the context of what was being saying, it is a relevant point. But you took it to mean I was some how taking away from Floyd's death, which is incorrect. It is not a contest to see who's death was worse. But the statement was made that if Floyd was white this would not have happened, and there is nothing to justify that statement.
we are not. talking. about. white people.
So, medical autopsy's don't mean anything to you.
what did i say. are you trying to repeat your misinterpretation of what i said or put words in my mouth
It's hard to listen to understand when multiple people are attacking me and telling me my "privilege" is showing because I don't think the majority of my country is racist.
clearly it's hard to understand if you don't believe in white privilege
Again, no counter to anything, just a dismissive comment because you have yet to articulate what it is that anyone is trying to gain from the protest and riots other than "change".
then make a valid point for once

MWoO

Reaction score
The thing is, White Privilege describes a lot of things. The name can be confusing at first, but, in short, it means that the color of your skin doesn't impact the way society as a whole views you. POC are still afraid of racist attacks, are framed by the police, are less likely to succeed because fewer people offer them opportunities to. It doesn't mean white people don't struggle, it just means that the color of their skin isn't a major factor in it.
Every race and gender has some kind of privilege. There is female privilege, ale privilege, gay privilege, straight privilege. There are advantages and disadvantages for everyone.

I agree wit you though, racists do exist and they do terrible tings. However, hate crimes are a rarity. Again, they DO HAPPEN, but they are not the norm. There are cases where the police frame people, but again this is not the NORM. When these cases do pop up, they must be investigated and properly dealt with.

However, telling someone that they don't know what they are talking about just because they are white is racist, just as telling someone they don't know what they are talking about because they are black is racist. Writing someone off because they "reek or privilege" only breeds hate and anger.