Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

MWoO

Reaction score
I don’t care if this brings trouble my way but idgaf anymore...

I personally believe you’re a racist mate

goodbye
Yes, I am racist because I want the cop that killed Floyd to go to jail and do not want to see black neighborhoods burn in riots... what world do you live in?

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Just for emphasis... SOMETHING IS BEING DONE! The cop was arrested and charged with murder! He was immediately fired! What do you want to be done that has yet to be done? Convicted? Well we still need a trial for that. If he doesn't get convicted, then you can come back to me about how it was unfair and I will agree with you.

If the system was truly racist, then the cop would have been given a medal and promoted. Racist systems don't arrest cops that do what this cop did.
With all due respect MWoO because I generally like your posts but I think you are missing the MUCH bigger picture here. It isn't about just this case. It is about the countless killing of blacks by police (most justified, some not). It is about the unbalance of punishments between blacks and whites for the same crime. It is about the disproportionate incarceration rate. It is about so so much more.

I applaud those that are marching the streets and demanding change. I condemn those that are using it as an opportunity to vandalize and steal. Those are the ones that are doing more harm than good. If you want to condemn them, do so. But you should also condemn those police officers that act inappropriately. A large large portion of officers are very good people. It is that small portion that give them a bad name. Just like the rioters are giving the protesters a bad name.

MWoO

Reaction score
With all due respect MWoO because I generally like your posts but I think you are missing the MUCH bigger picture here. It isn't about just this case. It is about the countless killing of blacks by police (most justified, some not). It is about the unbalance of punishments between blacks and whites for the same crime. It is about the disproportionate incarceration rate. It is about so so much more.

I applaud those that are marching the streets and demanding change. I condemn those that are using it as an opportunity to vandalize and steal. Those are the ones that are doing more harm than good. If you want to condemn them, do so. But you should also condemn those police officers that act inappropriately. A large large portion of officers are very good people. It is that small portion that give them a bad name. Just like the rioters are giving the protesters a bad name.
But that is where protesting and rioting this situation is a problem. This is a case where accountability is happening. This is a situation where we can see the system work and send a message to those in power.

There was no administrative leave. There was no avoidance of arrest. The charge is murder. Everything that should happen has happened and shows that the system will not stand for the actions of these cops. And yet, riots, looting, and the destruction of black neighborhoods. But some how I am racist because I don't want the destruction of black communities and because I am glad the cop was charged with murder?

It seems like people are refusing to understand my posts. I did condemn the actions of the cop who killed Floyd. What I do not concede is that cops are murdering black people in the streets on a regular basis, which is what these "protesters" would want me to believe. These events, while horribly tragic, are also rare.

MWoO

Reaction score
This is totally unrelated and I Ain’t being funny but imagine naming yourself after the worst muppet project of all time 😂😂
Deflection and avoidance anyone?

Try making a point to defend your position.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
Deflection and avoidance anyone?

Try making a point to defend your position.
Imagine being this much of a spastic who cannot understand that people want change. If we didn’t push for change 50 years ago. Black people would still officially be second class citizens. If we didn’t stand up for what’s right 75 years ago, we’d be under Nazi rule. Change is good, protesting can bring so much more good to the world. And the majority of people are trying to achieve that

Get real dude. I guarantee you probably condone the actions of a school shooter because he had issues. You just seem like that guy who also doesn’t want his firearms taken off of him

pathetic

MWoO

Reaction score
Strawman argument anyone?

You literally made an assumption about me and then criticized me for it.

I have never condoned the actions of a school shooter ever. I do not own any firearms, so it would be hard to take it off me.

What is pathetic is that you see the lives of black people being destroyed and seem to think this is a good thing. Black owned businesses are gone. Apartments in black communities burning, cars in these communities burning. And btw, a lot of this is being done by white rioters. People are being beaten by mobs in the streets. Far more unwarranted violence has come from these "protests" than any f the cases being "protested". More harm has come to black communities from the riots the past few nights than has come from the cops.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
But that is where protesting and rioting this situation is a problem. This is a case where accountability is happening. This is a situation where we can see the system work and send a message to those in power.

There was no administrative leave. There was no avoidance of arrest. The charge is murder. Everything that should happen has happened and shows that the system will not stand for the actions of these cops. And yet, riots, looting, and the destruction of black neighborhoods. But some how I am racist because I don't want the destruction of black communities and because I am glad the cop was charged with murder?

It seems like people are refusing to understand my posts. I did condemn the actions of the cop who killed Floyd. What I do not concede is that cops are murdering black people in the streets on a regular basis, which is what these "protesters" would want me to believe. These events, while horribly tragic, are also rare.
For the record, I don't think you are racist. I do disagree with you however about the nature of these protests. I think the killing of George Floyd was just a flashpoint of a problem that has been simmering for a long long time. The protests aren't just about this situation. Yes, the cop was arrested and charged and the system worked as it should in this case. But too many cases the investigation has dragged on too long. Yes ,there are some of these protestors that want every cop involved in a shooting charged with murder without letting the investigation follow it's due course. But that is a result of them not trusting the system, and with good reason And quite honestly, I think it's more than just reforming the judicial system. I think the role of the police union has to be looked at as well. Many times, the union does not allow these bad officers to be fired and only suspended with pay pending investigation.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Strawman argument anyone?

You literally made an assumption about me and then criticized me for it.

I have never condoned the actions of a school shooter ever. I do not own any firearms, so it would be hard to take it off me.

What is pathetic is that you see the lives of black people being destroyed and seem to think this is a good thing. Black owned businesses are gone. Apartments in black communities burning, cars in these communities burning. And btw, a lot of this is being done by white rioters. People are being beaten by mobs in the streets. Far more unwarranted violence has come from these "protests" than any f the cases being "protested". More harm has come to black communities from the riots the past few nights than has come from the cops.
You are right but don't confuse the protestors with the rioters.