Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
Take a stand against what exactly?

Floyd was not arrested because he was black, he was arrested for passing counterfeit money. He was not pinned to the ground because he was black, he was pinned to the ground because he refused to get into the cop car after several attempts. He did not die from the hold the cop had him in, he died from heart failure due to a pre-existing condition and having intoxicants in his system.

Did the cop use a hold om him that he shouldn't have? Yep. Did the hold combine with Floyd's pre-existing condition and lead to his death? Yep. Should he be held accountable for his actions? Yep, and he is. Nothing shows this was racially motivated. The "racist system" has charged the cop with 3rd degree murder and fired all involved. What are you taking a stand against? The system punishing the cop for a lethal lapse in judgment?

Someone explain the logic in having riots in response to this situation.
Its taking a stand against the fact that black people in America and around the world are still treated as second class citizens by some people in the 21st century

A white male such as myself would not have been murdered by those police officers if we were caught in a situation like George Floyd. George Floyd tells the police officer that he could not breathe, the police officer continued to press down hard against his neck which killed him. It was intentional and the fact he was only given a charge of third degree murder is criminal

this isn’t fair.And surely in a civil rights situation, there is no argument or debate. Everyone should have the same treatment. And black folk should not have to fear walking down the street, driving their car and other normal day to day things

And I seriously cannot believe you’ve gone to disagree with this and question wanting a better and fair world for everyone. That’s why people want to take a stand

people will take the **** with rioting and protesting and I absolutely do not condone that type of behaviour
however something has to be done because it’s not fair anymore

Last edited:

MWoO

Reaction score
Its taking a stand against the fact that black people in America and around the world are still treated as second class citizens by some people in the 21st century

A white male such as myself would not have been murdered by those police officers if we were caught in a situation like George Floyd. George Floyd tells the police officer that he could not breathe, the police officer continued to press down hard against his neck which killed him. It was intentional and the fact he was only given a charge of third degree murder is criminal

this isn’t fair.And surely in a civil rights situation, there is no argument or debate. Everyone should have the same treatment. And black folk should not have to fear walking down the street, driving their car and other normal day to day things

And I seriously cannot believe you’ve gone to disagree with this and question wanting a better and fair world for everyone. That’s why people want to take a stand

people will take the **** with rioting and protesting and I absolutely do not condone that type of behaviour
Literally more white men are killed by cops each year than black men.

In 2019 331 white people were killed by cops. 212 were black, 155 hispanic, 201 unknown, and 34 "other". Considering black people tend to live in highly densely populated cities where people are more likely to engage with police, seems like the break down in about right.

Less than 1000 deaths from police in 2019. 328,000,000 population. That is 0.00030487804878049% of the population. If we just take the estimated black population of 44,000,000 and 212 deaths you get 0.00048181818181818% Oh yeah... HUGE problem.... Cops are just murdering black people left and right. That percentage is a freaking rounding error.

Floyd was able to breath. If he could not breath, he could not say he could not breath. What he died from was heart failure due to his pre-existing heart condition and being intoxicated. Clearly you didn't actually read what I wrote. The cops actions DID exacerbate Floyd's condition which is why the cop was charged with 3rd degree murder. But you are correct, you wouldn't have been killed in this situation, because the move the cop did was not lethal. So unless you too were intoxicated and in poor health, you would have lived.

You also clearly know nothing of the law. The act was intentional, but it was not intended to kill, hence 3rd degree. That is the literal definition. And since Floyd did not die from suffocation or neck injury, it is clear that the move was not intended to kill. It was, however, a factor that caused an unintended death. Hence, 3rd degree.

Lastly, please point out where I disagreed that the cop should be held accountable? He IS being punished and he IS going on trial. What else do you want? Sorry, he isn't convicted yet. We tend to have trials and arrests before convictions.

MWoO

Reaction score
Just for emphasis... SOMETHING IS BEING DONE! The cop was arrested and charged with murder! He was immediately fired! What do you want to be done that has yet to be done? Convicted? Well we still need a trial for that. If he doesn't get convicted, then you can come back to me about how it was unfair and I will agree with you.

If the system was truly racist, then the cop would have been given a medal and promoted. Racist systems don't arrest cops that do what this cop did.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
So I assume you don't actually have an intelligent retort and are just going to post other people's social media.

I would bet that you barely even interact with non-white people in your day to day life.
wow okay y’all wanna play

I went to a very diverse high school that I left last summer . With lots of Indian, black and Asian kids. And now go to a college where it’s the same.The first Instagram post that I shared was from my friend Masau’s account. I’ve known Masau for years and I wanted to share his post. In fact a good number of my friends are black or from another ethnic background

so I seriously suggest you STFU and stop being so ignorant and pompous

I wanna support my friends. I should be allowed to do so

people like yourself are the reason racism and discrimination won’t die. Because you won’t accept the change and people standing up for a cause and those asking for change and sharing things are doing a bad thing

MWoO

Reaction score
wow okay y’all wanna play

I went to a very diverse high school that I left last summer . With lots of Indian, black and Asian kids. And now go to a college where it’s the same.The first Instagram post that I shared was from my friend Masau’s account. I’ve known Masau for years and I wanted to share his post. In face a good number of my friends are black or from another ethnic background

so I seriously suggest you STFU and stop being so ignorant and pompous
Great, now explain what it is that you want to happen from this situation that isn't already happening.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
Great, now explain what it is that you want to happen from this situation that isn't already happening.
Dude...

are you serious?

Black people are still a minority and racism is rife in the world. And it’s time for change

You’re obviously part of the problem if you’re not willing to accept this.

I’m done talking to you now and dealing with your bs and your ignorance to what’s actually going on in the world

Christ above

Last edited:

MWoO

Reaction score
Dude...

are you serious?
Yes. Cop is arrested and charged with Murder 3. All parties fired. What do you want to happen that is not already happening.

Obviously we would hope that this had never happened, but it did. Now the question is... what do you want to happen? What do you want to come from the riots? Do you want them to kill the cop? His family? Burn his house down?

Again, if the cop is not convicted I may agree with you, but we haven't gotten there yet. At this moment, what else can be done that has not been done that you want?

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
Yes. Cop is arrested and charged with Murder 3. All parties fired. What do you want to happen that is not already happening.

Obviously we would hope that this had never happened, but it did. Now the question is... what do you want to happen? What do you want to come from the riots? Do you want them to kill the cop? His family? Burn his house down?

Again, if the cop is not convicted I may agree with you, but we haven't gotten there yet. At this moment, what else can be done that has not been done that you want?
I don’t care if this brings trouble my way but idgaf anymore...

I personally believe you’re a racist mate

goodbye