Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Maybe by not sounding like you have a bug up your *** all the time. I can even give you one good example of what I’m talking about. There was one time I saw a post from you saying “I’m the only one who actually knows what I’m talking about.” Maybe I have been wrong on certain things with this thread myself, but I always make sure to do my research before posting. You aren’t the only one.

And yes, I have seen you participate in that thread, or at least I’m almost certainly positive you have. It was either there or here. Cause I have seen Mario post some pretty homophobic stuff on here that was likely deleted at this point. No response to that either way.

And even before this crisis, referencing a post above, you’ve always been a grouch. Every single post I see from you you always sound like something is bothering you. Literally go through half the pages on this thread and other threads you sound grumpy. I’m not even the only one who feels this way on you. There are other folks who feel the same way (not saying who out of respect; it isn’t Snowth, by the way).

I can be bitter at times myself and have lost my cool a couple times and done stupid ****, I won’t deny that, but I always own or try to own up to them. Have not seen you own up to a single thing when you’ve been in the wrong on this site.

MWoO

Reaction score
I feel like this is more a you problem than a me problem....

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
This is 1000x worse than the Bible Thread... the Bible Thread was actually good.

MWoO

Reaction score
Maybe by not sounding like you have a bug up your *** all the time. I can even give you one good example of what I’m talking about. There was one time I saw a post from you saying “I’m the only one who actually knows what I’m talking about.” Maybe I have been wrong on certain things with this thread myself, but I always make sure to do my research before posting. You aren’t the only one.

And yes, I have seen you participate in that thread, or at least I’m almost certainly positive you have. It was either there or here. Cause I have seen Mario post some pretty homophobic stuff on here that was likely deleted at this point. No response to that either way.

And even before this crisis, referencing a post above, you’ve always been a grouch. Every single post I see from you you always sound like something is bothering you. Literally go through half the pages on this thread and other threads you sound grumpy. I’m not even the only one who feels this way on you. There are other folks who feel the same way (not saying who out of respect; it isn’t Snowth, by the way).

I can be bitter at times myself and have lost my cool a couple times and done stupid ****, I won’t deny that, but I always own or try to own up to them. Have not seen you own up to a single thing when you’ve been in the wrong on this site.
I post primarily in a political thread which consists of debate and a pandemic thread which has consisted of quite a bit if misinformation. Obviously my posts will be skewed a certain way. If there are people that have a problem with me they are free to tell me so themselves. I get that I am abrasive, not everyone is going to like me. I don't need them to. My self worth is not connected to whether or not people I do not know like me.

So far, you have described an issue with how I word things, not with the content. That is a you problem. If you want to point out something I said that was not factual or point out a flaw in how I came to a conclusion, I welcome you or anyone else to do so. I may even agree with you if you present a sound argument. Otherwise, you saying I sound "grumpy" does nothing for me.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I respect the opinions of both of you. MWoO and LittleJerry92. Sometimes posting online is not as easy as two friends talking over a beer. It’s easy for things to be misinterpreted, especially when you’re hundreds of miles away and probably don’t know each other out of the confines of this site.

You both have the right to disagree, and things can work out amicably and differences can be settled. I hope the respect I have for both of you, you can have for each other. It might not be that much of a stretch.

MWoO

Reaction score

At the point, I'm done holding back: I actually hope he gets a severe case of COVID-19 and has to fight for his life - it'd serve him right.
So this came up in the Covid-19 thread. To keep the terrible toxic political talk out of that thread (please read that sentence with all the sarcasm in the world), I will put the political portion of my response here.

The article in question was written in response to comments from Trump. Trump stated that states should have been better prepared for this and that the federal government is meant to act as a back up, not a primary relief, for a crisis like this. He does call some Governors complainers and states that the federal government has been providing a lot of support.

This is yet another case of the issue not being what he said, but how he said it. He is actually correct. This is how our government has always worked. The order of operations is local city, then state, then federal (I am sure there are a few steps in between). The states are suppose to have their own crisis plans prepared. What is the benefit of this? Simple. Every state is different. Smaller governments are more flexible and able to adapt to their own unique situations. This is how it has been for natural disasters in the past, with the federal government stepping in when things get too extreme.

So, who are the complainers? Well, I can only speak for New York which is where i live. Cuomo has been getting on TV everyday asking for support. He asks for federal relief in the form of medical supplies. We got it. He asks for federal help in building make sift hospitals. We got it. We asks for ventilators. We are getting them, though not in the numbers he wants due to over all supply. Cuomo is sitting on a stock pile that was created AFTER the crisis hit, just in case we need it, and is still asking for more.

Now I get it. He wants to make sure the state has enough now that things are really bad, particularly in NYC. But here is the thing... you are suppose to stock pile BEFORE the crisis hits and then use that stock pile WHEN the crisis hits. And what happened prior to the current shut down of the city? Oh, this happened:

March 15th, De Blasio, after imposing a 50% capacity for bars and restaurants without actually enforcing it, told people to go to their local bars and restaurants, encouraging people to gather as opposed to social distancing.

March 13th, De Blasio refused to shut down schools even though attendance has already fallen by 1/3.

March 12th, De Blasio says he wants to avoid shutting down Broadway

On March 2nd De Blasio made movie recommendations and told people to go out. "“Since I’m encouraging New Yorkers to go on with your lives + get out on the town despite Coronavirus, I thought I would offer some suggestions. “Here’s the first: thru Thurs 3/5 go see ‘The Traitor”’@FilmLinc. If “The Wire” was a true story + set in Italy, it would be this film.” This was right after NYC had its first confirmed case and he was telling us to go about our normal lives as if nothing was happening.

So yeah... Trump isn't wrong here. Instead of preparing, we were getting told to do things as normal.

And Cuomo? Well here is what he did:

March 19th, Cuomo backed a plan to cut $400 million from New York hospitals, $186 million for NYC alone. This would have taken away 20,000 hospital beds... ya know, the things he says we need so desperately? He has been cutting Medicaid for YEARS and continues to do so even now. He also was against every step De Blasio FINALLY tried to take saying that he had to approve things before De Blasio could implement them. So what does this mean? It means that it took even longer for schools and businesses to shut down. It took even long for a shelter in place order. It took even longer for the spread to be slowed.

So yeah.... My local and state government failed me, but they are blaming the federal government. Guess what? They ALL failed. neither local nor federal was prepared. Neither local nor federal took this seriously enough to impose early restrictions. Trump was not wrong in what he was saying, just how he said it. Local and State governments are the 1st and 2nd line of defense in cases like this.

What is Trump wrong about? Well, I do think that NOW he needs to clean up the mess a bit better. Now we need to federal government to be the sole buyer of PPE and other supplies so we can stop price gauging that is happening with the bidding wars between states. Had the states actually been prepared, the feds wouldn't have to do this, but now they need to. One of the reasons the federal government response is lacking in New York is because of how lacking New York was in being prepared.

Now that the crisis is here, Cuomo has been doing a far better job at delivering press briefings. He does give off the sense that he is in control. I actually like how he is presenting things to the public. The problem is he is also the guy that put policies in place that helped create the problem he is now trying to fix.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
The federal government has a national stockpile too, with ventilators, masks, etc. It was almost depleted after the H1N1 virus ten years ago, and was never replenished..
The CDC is a bloated government agency, for decades squandered most of their funding on frivolous expenses, and now demanding more money.

Probably the next big state to be a hot spot will be Florida. The governor has not strongly enforced quarantines or social distancing (Disney World shut itself down long before any state edict), so they will be asking/pleading/begging for Federal help next.
This virus is worse than anybody could have foreseen, but federal and state officials botched things.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So I saw a bunch of nonsense like this trending on twitter today (surprise, surprise) and it just reminded me of the fact that this is pretty much the left in a nutshell:

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
So I saw a bunch of nonsense like this trending on twitter today (surprise, surprise) and it just reminded me of the fact that this is pretty much the left in a nutshell:

Shes not wrong. Candace Owens is fantastic! She is one of my favorite people to watch besides Ben Shapiro.