Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
It has not been a good week for Democrats. They could not announce a clear winner in the Iowa caucus. Trump was acquitted of his impeachment trial, and Nancy Pelosi ripping up her copy of Trump’s speech at the State of the Union address.

it also didn’t look good when the Democrats wouldn’t stand up for the 100 year old Tuskegee airman (a black fighter pilot who served in three wars).

if the Democrats want to have any chance of defeating Trump in the fall, they have to have a unified front instead of bickering with each other. Plus get back to serving the people in their districts that elected them into office in the first place.
That’s how Trump got elected in the first place. It wasn’t 63 million Neo-Nazi white supremacists. It was people who felt government was ignoring their needs and concerns. And minorities are slipping away from the Dems. But for the last three years the Dems hate for Trump far outweighed their love for this country. That will not help them.
There's a battle going on for the Democratic Party rigth now between the more moderate candidates like Biden, Bloomberg,Kuchaber, and Mayor Pete and the Warrens, Sanders and AOCs of the party.

I keep hoping for a Bloomberg/Kochebar ticket. I could vote for that in the general election. Could not vote for the more progressive candidates like Sanders or Warren. On the fence about Mayor Pete. He seems too manufactured and insincere.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
AOC is in a bind. Her biggest challenger in 2021 is a Jamaican woman named Scherie Murray.
she speaks and conducts herself with the eloquence of Michelle Obama. She’s a Republican, but doesn’t fit the intersectional profile of some white racist old man. So AOC is going to have to run on merit, not identity politics.

D'Snowth

Reaction score

Now, just wait . . . everybody will be showering Trump with praise over this . . . meanwhile, nobody said a word when Obama dropped gas below $2.00 for the first time since Bush was President (and when he was, gas was well over $3.00 a gallon).

MuppetsRule

Reaction score

Now, just wait . . . everybody will be showering Trump with praise over this . . . meanwhile, nobody said a word when Obama dropped gas below $2.00 for the first time since Bush was President (and when he was, gas was well over $3.00 a gallon).
Gas will be under $2? That's good news, enjoy it! You don't have to make everything about politics. Enjoy life a little.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I’m probably the only one old enough to remember when gas was under one dollar.
Better news is that for the first time ever, we are free from being dependent on the OPEC nations. We are not at the mercy of politically unstable Arab nations like we were in the 70s. I was eleven back in 1979, and I remember the mile long lines, gas rationing, back then $1.25 a gallon would be $7.50 today.
So yes, gas is becoming more affordable. One would think that would make you smile.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
When Bush left office gas was higher than that. Up here it was $4.00and change. One of the things I didn’t like about Bush was the continued war in Iraq was to protect his oil interests. And as gas prices rose he made a bundle. I was glad gas prices fell when Obama was in office. For the same reason I’m happy they’re falling now. The same reason you should be happy. Paying less at the pump. Who wouldn’t be in favor of that?
But once again, the Democrats hate for Trump overshadows the fact Americans are saving money.

BTW, gas prices will rise come Memorial Day. This will have nothing to do with Trump. It’s simple economics. Supply and demand. When the weather starts getting nice, people will want to get in their cars and hit the beach, mountains, wherever. It’s only been this way for the last 30 years or so. Like clockwork. Then around Labor Day, gas prices will fall again. Like clockwork. It’s a predictable trend regardless of who is in office.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Early voting has been underway in my area, and . . . well, after learning of the breaking news today, I regret my vote already.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Early voting has been underway in my area, and . . . well, after learning of the breaking news today, I regret my vote already.
Bloomberg? Which news? That he would pick Hillary as a running mate or how terrible he treated women who worked for him? I thought treating women terribly was exclusive to Republicans (at least that's what Democrats would lead you to believe).

I would've thought you were a Bernie guy with everything free.