Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

MWoO

Reaction score
I honestly think Bernie said it but not in the context being shown. He may have said it as a means of conveying his dismay of the general publics opinion. He himself may believe a woman can make a good president, but he may have said a woman can not be president due to the general feeling i the country. Context is everything, but the left always tries to remove it.

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
I honestly think Bernie said it but not in the context being shown. He may have said it as a means of conveying his dismay of the general publics opinion. He himself may believe a woman can make a good president, but he may have said a woman can not be president due to the general feeling i the country. Context is everything, but the left always tries to remove it.
What do you think of the Bernie Staffer threatening violence if Bernie isn't the nominee?

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
That's exactly the way I see it as well. If you remove all context and just see the quote it looks and sounds pretty condemning. Just like the quote from President Trump regarding Mexico sending us their criminals was taken out of context.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
What do you think of the Bernie Staffer threatening violence if Bernie isn't the nominee?
That's part of leftist thinking (leftist, not liberal). If you disagree with your opposition, shout them down, and threaten with violence under the rubric by getting your point across "by any means necessary ". Sounds scarier when Hillary said it.

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
That's very scary stuff. But all candidates have their far out radical supporters. It doesnt necessarily or shouldn't be held against the candidate.
I definitely agree. But it says a lot that Bernie and his campaign haven't fired or denounced the staffer. Not even the media except Fox is covering it.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
The media also clouded Trump's comment after Charlottesville about "good people on both sides".
There were four groups there:

1) White Supremacists
2) Antifa
3) peaceful protesters wanting the Robert E. Lee statue removed.
4) peaceful protesters who wanted the statue to stay.

Trump was referring to the peaceful protesters, not the white supremacists, and certainly not Antifa

But the mainstream media, who had it in for Trump even before he was elected. Their spin made him look evil.

I certainly do not agree with everything he's done in office.His personality can make him his own worst enemy.

Compared to Obama, both have virtues and both have drawbacks.
For Obama's time in office, I'd give him about 50% for getting things right.
I'd give Trump about the same. Over the past 12 years, my life has gotten a little better than in 2008. Not much better, not much worse, but about the same. That's not bad.
I'm not the poster boy for Trumplike that troll on here last year (what was his name? I forgot already).
Obama did some good things in office- getting rid of bin Laden especially- but he was no gilded angel either.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Not a real surprise that you mostly agree with the most liberal Democratic candidates. I agreed with Biden and Bloomberg on 16 issues. Only on 4 with Warren and 5 with Bernie. Not a big surprise there either.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Then I guess I fall somewhere in between, with 11 each for Biden and Bloomberg. Bernie 4, Warren 3.

mat least I know quite a bit where Bloomberg stands when he was New York’s mayor.