Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I'm with Jerry.

Let's be honest: if a woman doesn't want to have a child and is forced to have one, it's pretty much BS. I'm sure none of you would want to go through that, especially if a waste of life forces himself on her.

"Let me force you to raise the child of some dumbass who raped you, that will always remind you of that moment" -- I know you could put them up for adoption, but you catch my drift. Everyone should have a kid with the intent of raising it.

Childbirth is painful, and to have to go through that cause some dipwad couldn't control his sexual desires is BS.

I had to censor a lot of stuff or else my post would've just been *******, lol.

Edit: And to be clear, this is only regarding the "if she is raped" premise.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Here's my dilemna. If a woman is raped, she is entitled to make the choice with that baby. That baby was not conceived in love. It was a violent, brutal thing. On one hand, it's not fair she got raped, and now has a baby. But it's also not fair to the baby not to have any future. I think it's more humane and compassionate to bring the baby to term, then put it up for adoption, than to abort it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This! This is what I keep saying! But, as they pro-choice people say, I have no ******, and can't carry a child, so I have no right to talk about this issue.

And, according to them, adoption is a fate worse than death, because too many children don't get adopted, and those that do are adopted into abusive homes. Oh, and apparently all children is foster care are sexually assaulted all the time as well, so apparently death is actually doing them a favor.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Here's my dilemna. If a woman is raped, she is entitled to make the choice with that baby. That baby was not conceived in love. It was a violent, brutal thing. On one hand, it's not fair she got raped, and now has a baby. But it's also not fair to the baby not to have any future. I think it's more humane and compassionate to bring the baby to term, then put it up for adoption, than to abort it.
That’s fair. Even if we may not see eye to eye on abortions, at least you have a fair stance of what should happen to the baby if they end up being born in the end, because I think the worst thing that could ever happen to a woman is being forced to raise the child for the rest of her life when the sexual intercourse was never consensual to begin with.

MWoO

Reaction score
Beto literally said he wanted to take people's gun. Several support a buy back program, where the government forcibly takes people's property and then gives them money... using taxes that same person contributed to.

When asked about a new abortion law allowing for abortion up to birth Democratic Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam said that children with severe birth defects would be born, made comfortable, and then the parents would discuss killing it.

Oh wait, you have a poorly done cartoon? I must be wrong.

MWoO

Reaction score
This is his exact quote:
"it’s done in cases where there may be severe deformities, there may be a fetus that’s non-viable. So in this particular example, if a mother is in labor, I can tell you exactly what would happen. The infant would be delivered, the infant would be kept comfortable, the infant would be resuscitated if that’s what the mother and the family desired, and then a discussion would ensue between the physicians and the mother."

Trump may have said this guy would execute new borns. I said he talked about killing children born with birth defects, which he did.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
This! This is what I keep saying! But, as they pro-choice people say, I have no ******, and can't carry a child, so I have no right to talk about this issue.

And, according to them, adoption is a fate worse than death, because too many children don't get adopted, and those that do are adopted into abusive homes. Oh, and apparently all children is foster care are sexually assaulted all the time as well, so apparently death is actually doing them a favor.
But that's not necessarily true. Yes, there are children who don't get adopted (I imagine they would become wards of the state they live in). But to say that all kids that get adopted end up in abusive homes is pure horse puckey.
Did it ever occur to them, that there are many mothers, some who lost babies being stillborn or miscarried, that adopt children and give them a good home?
The narrative they're spinning sounds more like something out of Charles Dickens or Dante's Inferno than what actually goes on.

And let's take abortion a step further. Instead of aborting them at birth, how about waiting til they're twenty?
"Okay, this one has no job, got caught smoking weed, poor grades... okay, let's make you comfortable and ask your mom if it's worth keeping you around!"
"Well kid, she's exercising her rights, and you're going to the scrap heap. Them's the breaks! Hey, don't get mad at me, I'm just a doctor. She's doing YOU a favor, you little ingrate!"

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
In terms of adoption, I can easily say one of my good friends who was my roommate in college was put up for adoption and he’s been in a loving family since. They’ve done a lot for him. To say that happens to ALL children baffles me.