Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Actually, the desire to slash PBS (back when it was still called NET)goes back to Nixon, If he had his way, Sesame Street would've only been around for one season.
You're absolutely right, and I thought I said Nixon, but I see I said Reagan, my mistake.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
He fits the stereotypical fat white southern redneck conservative male with a shotgun next to him on his porch.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Can we all agree that Trump telling certain congresswomen to "go back to where they came from" is bad?
I mean, this is what he and his base have been doing for years; this is nothing new under the sun.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I mean, this is what he and his base have been doing for years; this is nothing new under the sun.
Maybe, but I don't think he has gone this bold before. I feel like with that video I shared he was almost holding up a sign saying "assaanate me now!"

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Then . . . you must not have been paying too much attention all this time.
I follow Trump on Twitter, and I follow some Democrats as well. I don't pay to much attention to any news source to much simply because it's to depressing. Yes I saw when he announced he was running the statements made about Mexico and the Mexican people, and the things he has continued to say about them.
I've also heard where he said that white supremacist leaders were "nice people". I'm sure we all remember the ban on Muslims that wanted to enter into the country as well as his latest order that will make it harder for people seeking asylum to enter the country. Then there where the now idle threats constantly made towards Clinton and putting her in jail.
This however is different, and I think a major line has been crossed that will come back and not only hurt Trump, but also the whole country. I've recently been looking at what America went through after John F Kennedy was assassinated, and how that changed so many diffrent things. It's made me wonder what would happen to our nation if Trump was murdered. Would it unite America, or make things wrose and divide us even more?

Old Thunder

Reaction score
I don't think we'd get any closer at all. Mike Pence is worse than Trump.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The only, and I mean only thing that Pence has going for him, as opposed to Trump, is that he's at least got his marbles, so there's some mental sanity right there.

Otherwise, unlike Trump, who likes to flip-flop and pivot in an attempt to appeal to people, Pence has made it crystal clear: he firmly hates everybody who isn't white, straight, wealthy, and/or Christian, and will not be swayed otherwise.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
The only, and I mean only thing that Pence has going for him, as opposed to Trump, is that he's at least got his marbles, so there's some mental sanity right there.

Otherwise, unlike Trump, who likes to flip-flop and pivot in an attempt to appeal to people, Pence has made it crystal clear: he firmly hates everybody who isn't white, straight, wealthy, and/or Christian, and will not be swayed otherwise.
Really? I mean I know he does not support homosexuality and what not, but that doesn't mean he hates gay people.
So let's talk about that for a second. I believe that according to the the Bible homosexuality is a sin. Just like murder and lying and So many other things out there. I also believe that Jesus loves everyone no matter who they are or what they have done, and I myself try and live as Christ did showing love for all, then does that make me a homophobe that hates gay people?