Concern for the Future of the Muppets

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
Hi,

I hope I don't get this the wrong way, but since we haven't heard from the Muppets since their last tv show (Exception for the couple events of Muppets Takes the Bowl and Takes the O2), I'm starting to feel the Muppets might be fading away from time to time. I've just found out that the rumored of Muppets Live Another Day may not be true and it could be a hoax. I feel like Disney doesn't want anything to do with the Muppets after the failed movie Muppets Most Wanted and the failed tv show of The Muppets. I also feel that maybe Disney should give up the Muppets and give them back to the Jim Henson Company if it won't work out anymore. The only companies that are more successful right now are Star Wars and Marvel. And I don't know if they ever will be on Disney Channel or the upcoming Disney+ I don't mean to be a negative nancy, but I'm just concern about the future of The Muppets, because I'm afraid they might be going away and never come back.😢

RubberChicArt

Reaction score
Hi,

I hope I don't get this the wrong way, but since we haven't heard from the Muppets since their last tv show (Exception for the couple events of Muppets Takes the Bowl and Takes the O2), I'm starting to feel the Muppets might be fading away from time to time. I've just found out that the rumored of Muppets Live Another Day may not be true and it could be a hoax. I feel like Disney doesn't want anything to do with the Muppets after the failed movie Muppets Most Wanted and the failed tv show of The Muppets. I also feel that maybe Disney should give up the Muppets and give them back to the Jim Henson Company if it won't work out anymore. The only companies that are more successful right now are Star Wars and Marvel. And I don't know if they ever will be on Disney Channel or the upcoming Disney+ I don't mean to be a negative nancy, but I'm just concern about the future of The Muppets, because I'm afraid they might be going away and never come back.😢
That does make sense. But, I think with the popularity of Muppet Babies and the success of O2 and Bowl, I think they’re all right for now. Kermit did hint on making a new show for 2019 so that’s something. And I’m a bit curious what’s the worst that could happen if Disney gave back the Muppets to the Jim Henson company?

Duke Remington

Reaction score
That does make sense. But, I think with the popularity of Muppet Babies and the success of O2 and Bowl, I think they’re all right for now. Kermit did hint on making a new show for 2019 so that’s something. And I’m a bit curious what’s the worst that could happen if Disney gave back the Muppets to the Jim Henson company?
Disney is where they need to be. Henson has enough trouble getting projects off the ground so having them go back to Henson would be a huge mistake.

RubberChicArt

Reaction score
this isn't the end of the muppets. we've been through dry spells like this before, and they still came back. it's just a matter of time imo
Yeah! You’re right! This is why I still have confidence in the Muppets, they’ve been through those times before, they will again! Thank you so much Froggy Fool, I literally was so worried! :smile::news: