Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

jvcarroll

Reaction score
OK, let me back up, I mostly agree with you here, Conway is this generation's Tokyo Rose and I really wish she would just go away. It's just that I've seen the reaction of Trump supporters when they think their team is under attack. It's all very tribal right now. They won't see the truth being defended, they'll see their team getting bashed. It's that mentality that we need to work on.
Thanks for that. Tribal is fantastic observation! The trend now for Trump supporters and his, well, I'll call them minions, is for them to interrupt, filibuster and talk over anyone making a lick of sense on air. That's their plan at censorship - shout over people until no one can hear them or the interview gets so contentious and irritating that viewers change the channel. It's the same exact method that Scientologists use. Any time they're put on the spot in public, they should wild, lies at the person who did that in an effort to shame them into shutting up. That's also Trumpism 101. Modern media is not prepared to combat that. While I agree that there must be professionalism and integrity from the press no matter what, they need to change up their methods because they are not working and these minions know that. It's frustrating to me because I saw this all the way back in 2015 yet little has changed.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
they need to change up their methods because they are not working and these minions know that. It's frustrating to me because I saw this all the way back in 2015 yet little has changed.
Well what do you mean by not working?

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Well what do you mean by not working?
That almost every interview with a Trump representative is useless. No new information comes out. They hardly ever answer any questions. They talk over everybody else, create their own narratives, much of it based in deception, and by the end of the interview - absolutely no new insight has been gained. Just a Trump representative shouting over everybody else while they're trying to shout back over them and the host is left exhausted (or maybe glad for the ratings the shoutfest gains). Playing a game of muted mics for all guests who don't adhere to decorum might be the best way forward. In fact, I'd love for them to use that horrible gameshow sound when someone gets something wrong. Only half joking about that. But man, that would be funny!

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Okay, it's time for kitty part two. When my friend goes on vaca, I house sit, cat sit and take his mom out on a date to dinner and movies. Yeppers. I'm that guy. I'm so glad that everybody does those Britta Pitcher things for water because I was the designated guy to change waterbottles for the elderly folk in my building. Saying no is so very hard for me. My shrink keeps telling me to practice that, but I guess I can say no to him. LOL! KITTY TIME!!!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I have to admit to being particularly sore about Sarah Huckabee Sanders because her and her father have made their political bones through their terrible LGBTQ prejudice. They've spent so much time moralizing how other people should live all the while lying to the American public and supporting one of the worst people in America, not just worst Presidents - worst people, who are somehow exempt from having any morality. It's not just about a difference of personal opinion with them. They've spent their public lives trying to prevent basic freedoms for me and my community - people who I find highly moral and much more so than anyone with the name Huckabee attached to it. Unless someone truly goes after them unfairly, I do not care about a roast or takedown of either of them. I don't think Wolf was over the line with Huck-Sanders. She's dreadful. If anything, I think she went easy on her. I'd have roasted the heck out of her. I don't know how funny it would have been, but it would have been honest. That's the greatest thing missing in our country today honesty.
Well I liked the cartoon they showed before the dinner started (I think it's Stephen Colbert's show?) where they had Sanders boasting about her "Southern charm," lol. That's much more witty than just "Oh ha ha, she's not pretty."

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Building on what I said yesterday, it’s too bad that "Our Cartoon President," which was amazingly well done and much more accepted by the audience, is being overshadowed in the media’s attempt to defend Michelle Wolf’s awkwardness.

By awkward I mean that annoying verbal tick a lot of comedians (even SNL) have developed lately of feeling they have to explain a joke once it’s been told (“Maybe it’s Maybelline, or maybe it’s lies..............it’s probably lies.”). It shows not only insecurity in your own joke, but a condescending attitude toward your audience. To be fair, she was probably realizing at that point the audience wasn't especially on her side.

Bottom line, not only was her routine pointlessly cruel (and therefore no better than Trump and his supporters), it just wasn’t especially funny, especially compared to the competition. The media’s defense is only giving her credit she doesn’t deserve, just to make sure they continue to make Trump look bad. This is why the left gets accused of having Trump on the brain.

Anyway, here's the link to "Our Cartoon President." It's brilliant, do yourself a favor and check it out:

Last edited:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I just watched her routine and I don't get what people are finding so offensive about it.