And America Continues to Show it's True Colors. . .

cjd874

Reaction score
So here's the results of Trump meeting with his new best friend Putin:

TRUMP: Did you hack the election?
PUTIN: Nope.
TRUMP: Okay. The end.

Guess who I trust to tell the truth in this madness? James Comey. He said under oath that "there's no doubt that Russia hacked the election." So even though Trump and Putin are trying to downplay the hacking, I ain't buying what they're selling. Their relationship reminds me of Dwayne and Garth, or Bill and Ted...it's so overly chummy and cheesy that it hurts.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Not that these would get posted here but a couple of positives in thel ast few days

1) The U.S. added 220,000 jobs last month

2) A ceasefire agreement was reached in southern Syria

3) Irag with the help of U.S. forces defeated ISIS in Mosul

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
A couple of things regarding Russia hacking the election

1) Seriously guys, you really expected Putin to come out and say "Yeah, we hacked the election."? What planet do you live on?

2) President Trump has already acknowledged that Russia hacked the election

3) This would all be moot if the inept President Obama would have showed some guts and did something about it back in July/August of last year when he knew about it. Just another one of Obama's failures.

Last edited:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
One being inept does not preclude the other from being inept as well.
Obama and Trump have striking similarities. Both outsiders. Both treated like the golden idol who would magically fix the country all on his own. Both woefully inexperienced and naive on healthcare and foreign policy. Voters haven't learned a thing.

That said, Trump's idea to work with Russia in an anti hacking unit was particularly, and dangerously, inept. And you don't have to be an experienced politican to recognize this. Thank God the Republicans seem to have set him straight on that one. Checks and balances are working, even if Trump has no respect for them. He is far too easily flattered to be an effective leader. I stand by my earlier comment, the government just needs to pretend Trump doesn't exist at this point. A figure head, if necessary, nothing more.

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Obama helped ensure millions who were previously denied healthcare altogether, and did so by making sure everybody in Congress and Senate (even Republicans) were on the same page before it got passed (unlike Trump's "Administration"); not sure how you figure he was inexperienced and naive in that department.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Obama helped ensure millions who were previously denied healthcare altogether, and did so by making sure everybody in Congress and Senate (even Republicans) were on the same page before it got passed (unlike Trump's "Administration"); not sure how you figure he was inexperienced and naive in that department.
OMG. Pay attention to the news. Please. Obamacare is failing. Miserably. Just about every week (if not day) another health insurance company is pulling out of the market. Many counties in the U.S. are left with either one or none as far as their choice of health insurance companies. Premiums are skyrocketing. Google it. You'd be amazed how many results you get.

And Obama making sure everybody (even Republicans) were on board is just living in fantasyland. From Wikileaks:

"The House passed the Senate bill with a 219–212 vote on March 21, 2010, with 34 Democrats and all 178 Republicans voting against it. The next day, Republicans introduced legislation to repeal the bill. Obama signed ACA into law on March 23, 2010."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patient_Protection_and_Affordable_Care_Act

(I provided the link for you so maybe you can familiarize yourself with it)
The very next day Republicans introduced a bill to repeal it! THE VERY NEXT DAY! Does that sound like the great Obama made sure Republicans were on the same page???

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Obama and Trump have striking similarities. Both outsiders. Both treated like the golden idol who would magically fix the country all on his own. Both woefully inexperienced and naive on healthcare and foreign policy. Voters haven't learned a thing.

That said, Trump's idea to work with Russia in an anti hacking unit was particularly, and dangerously, inept. And you don't have to be an experienced politican to recognize this. Thank God the Republicans seem to have set him straight on that one. Checks and balances are working, even if Trump has no respect for them. He is far too easily flattered to be an effective leader. I stand by my earlier comment, the government just needs to pretend Trump doesn't exist at this point. A figure head, if necessary, nothing more.
I'd agree 100% with this.

Obamacare is a disaster. Obama's foreign relations policy were a disaster. North Korea, Syria, Iraq, Russia, China. All problems that weren't dealt with. There were a lot of good things that President Obama accomplished. But Obamacare was his signature legislation and it was/is a disaster. They rushed through a plan that just wasn't ready. And that's what worries me about the Republicans. They seem too intent on coming up with something quickly rather than getting it right. The Republicans plan coming out of congress was just a joke. The senate plan is much better but still needs work. The latest reaction to the Senate plan is a positive. Many are saying let's take a step back and review this. I'd rather they take their time and get it right. I don't care if it takes 2-3 years or whatever, it's too important of an issue that needs to be addressed and needs to be done right.

And, yes, the checks and balances system is working. This is why I don't run around like chicken little worrying about a Trump administration. I do think that there are positives that can come out of his presidency, or more accurately, a Republican Senate and Congress, checking him. There are many, many things I cringe about President Trump but we as a country will survive.