And America Continues to Show it's True Colors. . .

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I got to see something really nice about how this country CAN be. All it needs is a chance to breathe.

Sunday I got to see my first baseball game since I was 13. 2,000 fans packed in a minor-league stadium. The visiting team was from Quebec, Canada.

First, it was wonderful to see everybody in the stands, and everybody on the field, standing in respect for each country's national anthem. No sitdowns, no one-knees, no walkouts.

Both teams playing their hearts out. No celebrity egos, no scandals about who was sleeping with who, no closet skeletons of steroid abuse or gambling. Very competitive, closely-matched game down to the last inning. (We won 8-7, but excellent sportsmanship on both sides).

2,000 fans, from all walks of life, every race, color and creed united for the love of the game. All political affiliations and ideologies left at home. Play ball.

I've seen America's true colors. In spite of claims to the contrary, they're still red, white, and blue. And how appropriate to see them on display over the July 4 weekend.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I got to see something really nice about how this country CAN be. All it needs is a chance to breathe.

Sunday I got to see my first baseball game since I was 13. 2,000 fans packed in a minor-league stadium. The visiting team was from Quebec, Canada.

First, it was wonderful to see everybody in the stands, and everybody on the field, standing in respect for each country's national anthem. No sitdowns, no one-knees, no walkouts.

Both teams playing their hearts out. No celebrity egos, no scandals about who was sleeping with who, no closet skeletons of steroid abuse or gambling. Very competitive, closely-matched game down to the last inning. (We won 8-7, but excellent sportsmanship on both sides).

2,000 fans, from all walks of life, every race, color and creed united for the love of the game. All political affiliations and ideologies left at home. Play ball.

I've seen America's true colors. In spite of claims to the contrary, they're still red, white, and blue. And how appropriate to see them on display over the July 4 weekend.
This is a prime example of the fact is everything is really not as bad as everyone wants us to belives.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
This is an interesting article (though a tad awkwardly phrased), about the confused state of comedy in the age of political division. Dan Aykroyd recently said that laughter is "psycho-chemically necessary for mankind to survive." Yet the country is having trouble finding a comedic figurehead we can all get behind. Stephen Colbert's jab at Trump received praise, but also a lot of backlash. Jim Carrey, Kathy Griffin, and Johnny Depp famously went for shock humor and ended up falling flat on their faces. You have other comedians feeling strangled by political correctness. And then you have Tim Allen's conservative comedy, Last Man Standing, suddenly cancelled after years of good ratings (to be fair, the network sites a change in programming, plus Allen's salary as the reasons it was cancelled).

What the article doesn't bring up is that Aykroyd was referring to Alec Baldwin's portrayal as Trump on SNL, which has consistently received good ratings.

So I put the question to the room, what is SNL doing right that Carrey, Griffin, and Depp did not?

http://www.inquisitr.com/opinion/43...s-point-why-goldie-hawns-comedy-got-snatched/

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Now Lindsay Lohan is kissing up to the Trump family like nobody's business, begging people to stop "bullying" him, because he and his family are, "kind people."

I knew Lindsay Lohan lost her mind long ago, but I'm guess she has no mind left.

cjd874

Reaction score
Now Lindsay Lohan is kissing up to the Trump family like nobody's business, begging people to stop "bullying" him, because he and his family are, "kind people."

I knew Lindsay Lohan lost her mind long ago, but I'm guess she has no mind left.
It's not like people are making unsubstantiated claims about Trump's flaws and screw-ups. There is lots of evidence to back it up!
I do respect the opinions of most people (burnt-out former child celebrities included), but I just can't behind this idea that Trump is being "bullied" by the American public. It's clear to me who the real bullies are in this country.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Exactly. Like back when Tim Allen went on a media blitz basically saying it's okay for Trump to bully people, but people shouldn't bully him - and I see that's starting to come up again across Facebook and such. Sorry, but it don't work that way: his supporters keep trying to force people to simply turn a blind eye to his tactics, but when our very country and the people of said country are at stake because of his actions (and lack thereof), you can't expect people to not react to that. It's not like when you're in school and your parents to tell you to "just ignore them" whenever other kids make fun of you, we're talking about someone who is supposed to represent our country and lead by example, treating people like trash, and yet is too thin-skinned to take it himself . . . like I said, that's one thing you can say about Obama: he was thick-skinned. He endured heaps of abuse, disrespect, maliciousness, and bullying from the right for eight years, but in those eight years, he would simply brush it off and take the high road like a bigger man would. Trump? He flocks to Twitter, whines like a baby, declares you public enemy number one, and tries to turn his entire following against you. And again, this is the same person who has mocked a disabled reporter, called Mexicans rapists, called black people thugs, called poor people lazy, has made chauvenistic and inappropriate remarks about women and their bodies . . . but somehow, just because he's Donald Trump, that seems to entitle him to a freepass to behave like a jerk@$$, when if it were any other POTUS, such behavior would not be tolerated.

Oh, and guess what? Once again, Trump is firing up his so-called "War on Christmas" again already, and it's not even near Christmas. Yep, once again, he's pushing his idiotic "Happy Holidays" is politically incorrect because Christmas is the only holiday allowed to be celebrated in America and therefore we have to say "Merry Christmas" to people even if they celebrate another holiday like Hanukkuh or Kwanzaa or Xistlessnessmas bullpoop like he's been doing for the past two years.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
This is an interesting article (though a tad awkwardly phrased), about the confused state of comedy in the age of political division. Dan Aykroyd recently said that laughter is "psycho-chemically necessary for mankind to survive." Yet the country is having trouble finding a comedic figurehead we can all get behind. Stephen Colbert's jab at Trump received praise, but also a lot of backlash. Jim Carrey, Kathy Griffin, and Johnny Depp famously went for shock humor and ended up falling flat on their faces. You have other comedians feeling strangled by political correctness. And then you have Tim Allen's conservative comedy, Last Man Standing, suddenly cancelled after years of good ratings (to be fair, the network sites a change in programming, plus Allen's salary as the reasons it was cancelled).

What the article doesn't bring up is that Aykroyd was referring to Alec Baldwin's portrayal as Trump on SNL, which has consistently received good ratings.

So I put the question to the room, what is SNL doing right that Carrey, Griffin, and Depp did not?

http://www.inquisitr.com/opinion/43...s-point-why-goldie-hawns-comedy-got-snatched/
I think that with something like SNL who has made polictal jokes for decades, and has also made jokes on both sides people tend to respect that more, then one person coming out and "joking" about the president.
I also think that there is a difference in making fun of someone, and then just makeing "jokes" doing physical harm or calling someone A name.
Now both Jay Leno, and Jimmy Fallon have taken a different approach to it. Fallon says that he is not going to "bash" Trump because a lot of his vewiers voted for him, and he dose not want to lose them. Leno states that those kind of jokes become stale real quickly. He says there has to be a balance.
Me personally I miss Letterman and Leno. They knew how to balance it out more where not every joke was politcly based. Which I think they both learned from Carson. Oh how I wish both Letterman and Leno would come back.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So here's the results of Trump meeting with his new best friend Putin:

TRUMP: Did you hack the election?
PUTIN: Nope.
TRUMP: Okay. The end.