Zoot's Enchanted Saxophone

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Please enjoy the following fan fiction, starring Zoot!

Chapter 1

Zoot was outside int eh alley of the Muppet Theater, playing his saxaphone.

"That's good playing, Zoot!", said Floyd.

"Fer sure!", said Janice.

Zoot started dancing while playing the saxaphone, and accidently slipped on a banana peel. His saxaphone flew out of his hand, and landed into the street, and got run over by a truck.

"Oh, no", said Zoot, "There goes my sax."

"Bummer", said Janice.

"it looks like you'll need to get a new saxaphone", said Floyd.

"Well, I know where to get one", said Zoot.

Scooter came out the door.

"Floyd! Janice! You two are needed to rehearse for your duet for this week!", reminded Scooter.

"Okay, we'll be there", said Floyd.

Floyd and Janice went into the building as Zoot walked off. He was almost at the music store, when suddenly he was approached by a mysterious man.

"hey! Aren't you Zoot of The Electreic Mayhem?", said the mysterious man.

"Yes, I am", said Zoot.

"well, I heard about your terrible tragedy",s aid the mysterious man.

"You mean regarding my saxaphone?", said Zoot.

"Of course", said the mysterious man, "But I'd like to sell you a special saxaphone for less than what the music store will sell you!"

"I'm listening", said Zoot.

"Well, I got you this here enchanted saxaphone", said the man, "Now, enchanted is just a title. It isn't really enchanted, but it'll work wonders, and I'll sell it to you for only 72 dollars!"

"Deal!", said Zoot, who got out his wallet and paid for the enchanted saxaphone. He took the saxaphone, and headed back to teh theater.

"Heh heh heh, sucker", said the mysterious man, counting the money, and then laughing evily.

As Zoot walked back to the theater, he said to himself, "What a great deal! I saved a dollar on my new saxaphone!"

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Chapter 2

Zoot soon came back to the theater with his saxaphone, and started playing again.

"Oh, wow", said Janice, "I rully like your new saxaphone, fer sure!"

"Yeah, it's so groovy!", said Floyd.

The saxaphone then started glowing and changing colors.

"Oh, and it even changes colors and glows!", said an amazed Dr. Teeth.

"How awesome!", said Lips.

"AWSOME! AWESOME!", chanted Animal.

But then Zoot hit a certain note, and all of a sudden, all of the other Electric Mayhem members were suddenly getting sucked into the saxaphone.

"Hey, what's going on here?", cried Janice.

Dr. Teeth held onto a pole, and Lips grabbed onto Dr. Teeth's legs, but Floyd, Animal, and Janice had alreayd been sucked into the saxaphone.

"Zoot! Stop!", shouted Dr. Teeth.

But Zoot was too zoned into playing the saxaphone that he didn't notice the others gettign sucked in, or any noise around him, and then Dr. Teeth's hand slipped off the pole, and he and Lips finally got sucked into the saxaphone. Zoot then stopped playing and turned around.

"Thank you, thank you...", said Zoot, who then noticed that the others were now gone.

"Hmm, where'd everybody go?", wondered Zoot.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Chapter 3

Zoot went down to the canteen, with his new saxaphone.

"Oh, what a great saxaphone", said Bunsen, "It looks so scientific!"

"Mee mee mee", commented Beaker.

"Oh, thank you", said Zoot, who started to play it again. As he played again, other characters in the canteen started getting sucked into the sax, and Zoot was once again oblivious.

"Help!", cried Gladys.

Beaker and The Swedish Chef both complaiend in their respective languages.

"WHat an incredible act!", said Gonzo as he got sucked in.

Rowlf, Bunsen, some rats and chickens, Luncheon Counter Monster, Fozzie, and Link Hogthrob also got sucked in.

Scooter came into the canteen.

"Fozzie, on-stage for rehearsals....", said Scooter, who quickly got sucked away into the saxaphone.

Zoot then stopped playing and decided to go upstairs.

When he got backstage, he encountered Kermit.

"Hey, Zoot", said Kermit, "Have you seen the rest of the band around?"

"Not since I got this new saxaphone", said Zoot.

"Oh, my, it's a beauty", said Kermit, "But it seems that a lot of people are suddenly missing. Maybe you should go on-stage and practice your solo number."

"Will do, will do", said Zoot, who went on-stage and started playing. As he performed, Beauregard got sucked into the sax.

"Wait a minute...", thought Kermit, who them got sucked into the saxaphone as well.

"Ahhhhhhh", screamed Kermit.

Zoot continued playing, and sucked in Sweetums, Thog, Timmy, and Mean Mama.

Zoot was playing beautifully, but then he started playing poorly. He could tell that something was wrong with the sax, so he looked inside, and he saw all the Muppets whom he had sucked in.

"Hey, how'd you all get in there?", asked Zoot.

"Your saxaphone playing must have been the cause", said Kermit.

"Speak up, I can't hear you", said Zoot.

That's because they are trapped inside", said the mysterious man who had soldd the saxaphone to Zoot, who was suddenly standing behind Zoot, "I was responsible for the whole thing. I put that banana peel in the alley, knowing you wouldn't pay attention and slip, I drove the truck that ran over your old sax, deliberately at the right time, of course, and I intended on having you by this so the Muppets would get trapped inside. And now, I'm gonna get you in there."

The mysterious man grabbed the saxaphone, but Zoot wouldn't let go, and kept a firmm grip on the saxaphone. They eventually had a tug-of-war battle.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Chapter 4

Zoot and the mysterious man both held onto the sax, pulling back and fourth.

"Let go of that saxaphone!", demanded the mysterious man.

"Never!", said Zoot.

"This is Louis Kazagger bringing you the wild world of Muppet Sports", said Louis Kazagger, appearing out of nowhere, "And today I am covering the saxaphone tug-of-war, and so far it appears to be a tie."

"No, it appears to be a saxaphone", said the Newsman, appearing from out of nowhere.

Then Fleet Scribbler showed up.

"Hey, where do I place my bets?", asked Fleet.

But then the mysterious man took over hand off the sax, still holding firmley with one hand, took out some grease, and spilt it over Zoot's hands, causing his hands ti slip.

"Well, it looks like Zoot lost", said Louis Kazagger.

"Well, it's good, then, that I didn't place my bet", said Fleet Scribbler.

The mysterious man quickly played the saxaphone, sucking Zoot into the saxaphone.

"And now my plan to destroy you Muppets and feel superior will be complete!", said the man.

Louis Kazagger noticed that The Newsman now looked like a pig.

"Hey, what happened to you?", asked Louis.

"What do you mean?", asked The Newsman.

Louis handed The Newsman a mirror.

"Oh, no!", cried The Newsman, who started snorting, "I must have the swine flu!"

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Chapter 5

Everybody was talking to each other from inside the saxaphone.

"How are we going to get out of here?", asked Fozzie.

"For the fourteenth time I don't know", said an annoyed Kermit.

"I didn't have my guitar with me when I got sucked in", said Janice.

"You think you've gott rouble?", asked Dr. Teeth, "I didn't have my keyboard..."

Everyone started muttering to eahc other.

Outside the saxaphone, the mysterious man put a dynamite stick on the whole of the sax, with a plunger nearby.

"Okay, now", said the man, "When I push down this plunger, the saxaphone will explode, the Muppets wil be no more, and I'll feel superior!"

He pushed down the plunger, but nothing happened.

"Why won't it explode?", asked the man, scratching his head. He then saw that the wire was cut.

"Well, I guess I can light the dynamite", said the man, who lit it. The dynamite exploded, the saxaphone blew apart, but instead of destroying the Muppets, they all flew out f the saxaphone, back to normal size.

"Man, now I need another saxaphone", said Zoot.

"Wait...", said the man, "You Muppets weren't destroyed?"

"No, we're just Muppets", said Gonzo.

Sweetums then quickly put a barrell over the man, locking it up.

"Good job, Sweetums!", said Floyd.

"Now let's take him to the police station", said Kermit.

They took the barrell out of the theater, but then they heard the mysterious mans voice.

"You thought you could defeat me!", said the mysterious man, who was suddenly on top of the roof.

"How'd you escape?", asked Kermit.

"I think this explains things", said Janice, poitning to a hole in the back of the barrell.

"You haven't seen the last of me!", said the man, who quickly got away in a helicopter, "I'll be back to defeat you Muppets someday!"

The helicopter flew away.

"We've got to get somee xtra security", said Miss Piggy.

But then the plane exploded. The mysterious man fell to the ground, got sent to the hospital, and then served time in a maximum security prision.

The enxt day, The Electric Mayhem had lunch in the canteen. Zoot got a new saxaphone.

"I rully like your new saxaphone", said Janice.

"Oh, thanks", said Zoot.

"And to think", said Floyd, "A story that began with you needing a new saxaphone ended with a crazy villian getting away, blown up, and then to prision."

"Yeah, who writes this crud?", asked Dr. Teeth.

Zoot just played a saxaphone tune.

THE END

minor muppetz

Reaction score
So glad that some people hit the "like" button and I was notified, I was just thinking about and trying to remember this story the other day.

I noticed a mistake I made at the end. I said that the bad guy escaped in a helicotper but then said that the plane exploded. A helicopter and plane aren't the same thing. Unless maybe it's a Muppet Labs helicopter/plane hybrid.

LipsGF4Life

Reaction score
Yeah...hey, are you going to write more Electric Mayhem fanfics? I always read your Electric Mayhem stories, they brighten up my day. Thinkin' about the story in real-life in my head. :big_grin::sing::flirt::cool::halo:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Maybe. A few years ago I decided to write a different story spotlighting each of the original five (can't remember if I did a Lips one).